Alabama Babies

I have a congested baby :(

Bless her heart she sounds like an old man when she snores!  But she's extra snuggly today and that is perfectly fine with me because it's gloomy outside so it's a perfect day to snuggle on the couch and watch daytime tv (which by the way there isn't much on during the day!)

She's not really eating much though, is this normal?  She normally takes about 4oz per feeding, but all I am getting out of her at a time today is about 2oz's.  Also she isn't wanting to burp...she keeps falling back asleep..I normally get about 3 burps per feeding out of her, but I am lucky to get one per feeding today.  I hate the though of her waking up screaming in pain with gas! 

Re: I have a congested baby :(

• Poor baby! Hope she feels better soon!
    Married 5/31/08 * TTC#1 9/09 - 2/11
    after anovulatory diagnosis and TTC for 1 1/2yrs with several medicated cycles and one chemical pregnancy, we have our first bundle of joy!
    IT'S A GIRL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    #2 EDD 2/5/13 dx with anti-BIG E antibody, seeing a MFM
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    VOTE on my Name List
    I don't take one single minute for granted.
  • If you have a humidifier, I would run it in her room.  Maybe elevate her matress, and if needed, use saline drops and the bulb syringe to suction.  Allie had that when she was younger, but you don't want it to turn into anything.  If she continues with not eating much, you may want to call the pedi...that can be a sign of an ear infection (they don't have to have a fever for ear infections!)
    Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imageSeasideBride06:
    If you have a humidifier, I would run it in her room.  Maybe elevate her matress, and if needed, use saline drops and the bulb syringe to suction.  Allie had that when she was younger, but you don't want it to turn into anything.  If she continues with not eating much, you may want to call the pedi...that can be a sign of an ear infection (they don't have to have a fever for ear infections!)

Thanks for the suggestions...we do have a humidifier so I'll do that.  I didn't know not eating was a sign of an ear infection so I'll see how she does at her next feeding and if she still isn't wanting much then I'll call the pedi.  

• My LO just got over a stuffy nose this past week. I did the same as above, run a cool mist humidifier, saline nose spray and the bulb syringe. We just kept this up and it eventually cleared up. She didn't eat as well but I think this is because it is harder for them to eat with their nose stuffy so keep an eye on the wet and dirty diapers and just make sure she's getting enough by that! HTH
  • Poor baby.  I hope she feels better soon.
    BabyFruit Ticker

m/c 05/2009
    DD born 8/9/10
    TTC #2 since 8/2012
    CP 12/2012
    dx MFI 10/2013
    Surprise BFP 11/6/2013  EDD 7/19/2014
    Beta #1 15 dpo HCG 355 Prog 30.9
    Beta #2 22 dpo HCG 8147 Prog 18.8
    Beta #3 29 dpo HCG 44580 Prog 29.8

• awww. I hope Miss A feels better soon!!!
    Erin~N~Gregg 6/30/07 Project 365 imageCafeMom Tickers
  • I hope she is feeling better!
  • I hope she is beginning to feel better!
    DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"