Health & Exercise
Options

Can anyone recommend a good PCOS diet

I am trying to find something that is easy to maintain.

I suck at diets. Help please

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Can anyone recommend a good PCOS diet

• Options
    My Dr suggested South Beach stage 2 for PCOS
    TTC #1 Since August 2004 Dx PCOS
    SAIFW
    6/10 C/P
    6/10 Failed independent adoption
    12/10 C/P
    4/11 Failed independent adoption BM had a m/c
    5/11 Femara and TI= BFN
    6/11 Femara and TI= BFN
    7/11 Break cycle
    8/11 Break cycle
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ditch the grains and sugars and get all your carbs from fruits, veggies, nuts and limited dairy. Stopping the carb-fueled insulin roller coaster helps keep your hormones in check, which seems it would be especially useful for someone with PCOS.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you tried reading the PCOS Diet book by Collette Harris?  I haven't read it but I have read her other book on PCOS and Fertility and found it very helpful.
  • Options

My doctor had me do a low amylose diet (along with Glumetza).  Low amylose is essentially no carbs, no sugar, no root vegetables.  I give 100% of the credit for our pregnancy to this diet and the glumetza.  We had been trying for 3 years and 3 months before our BFP and after many rounds of injectables and other drugs, it took just the low amylose diet and the glumetza.

Pretty miraculous if you ask me!  There is more information on his site, here:  https://www.jarrettfertility.com/PCOS%20patient%20handout.pdf

The diet isn't necessarily easy, but it is definitely worth it and we saw a decrease in the number of cysts that I had in less than 3 months, not to mention I lost about 20 lbs in the first month and a half.

GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"