Pennsylvania Babies
Options

Suggest toys for 1-2 year old

My MIL is asking for a Christmas list for Ethan.  He's set on toys for this stage so we're looking into what he might play with from age 1-2.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

{Blog}
TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Suggest toys for 1-2 year old

• Options

The wooden puzzles are great for that age.  Eloise also started getting into Little People around 1.5 years old, and other little figurines she could manipulate.  Pretend play started around that same time.

• Options
    I agree about the wooden puzzles, Connor really loves them right now.  He's also really started getting into trucks, trains and cars.  My dad just gave him two tonka trucks that light up and make sounds and he loves them, pushes them around the hours and even took one to bed the first night.  He really likes the little people garage with the ramps.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My niece is two and half and for her first birthday we bought her step two's version of the fisher price little people and she loved them and she still gets them out and plays with them.

She also loved her outside swing as well as her little plastic slide. The slide was perfect for really little kids, it is the kind with only two steps and only stands about 2.5 feet high. This summer she was also into her little crab sandbox, she loved to play in there.

I see tons of these little cars in my neighborhood and everyone says their kids love to ride in them.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Totally agree with the Little People sets, Adam loves the bus and the plane. I also agree with the Step 2 Push Along Buggy above. But I suggest the cheaper one, not the Whisper Ride. The Whisper Ride is a smoother, quieter ride, but it's really hard to steer.

I also recommend a bubble mower, shopping cart or anything else he can push around the house or yard. Ditto a slide too.

• Options

If anyone is interestedin the coupe or trike from toys r us they are 40% off today.  They are running deals of the day and todays deal is 40% off coupes, trikes or horses.

https://trus.imageg.net/graphics/corp/111609-DOTD-cpn.pdf
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Maybe a workbench or a kitchen?  Avery is into both right now and has been for months!  I agree with the Little People and the push car of the Cozy Coupe.  The Cozy Coupe gets use every day in our house.  An easel with crayons or art supplies and a floorpad are also big with her as well as her magnadoodle.  She loves to play with it in the car. 
  • Options
    imageRosePks:

If anyone is interestedin the coupe or trike from toys r us they are 40% off today.  They are running deals of the day and todays deal is 40% off coupes, trikes or horses.

https://trus.imageg.net/graphics/corp/111609-DOTD-cpn.pdf

ACK!!! I want to get this for them so badly, but I'm trying to be really good and not spend the money of the things not on our list:( That's a really great deal!

She's loved play kitchens forever. Another vote for Little People! Blocks, dolls, musical instruments, art supplies, tons of books, a shopping cart, kid-sized table + chairs, easel, legos/megablocks, trains(anything transportation is a big hit around here), dress up clothes, little animal figurines, play food + tea set. If you want to see the list we have, search for Amelia + our last name on Amazon and I have a list I always keep running for my in laws(they ask me to, so it's not being greedy;) so whenever I think of things, I add to it so that they can get an idea of where the kids are and things they might like).

• Options
    Oh - also - if you search "classic toys" on Amazon, they have a lot of great suggestions!
  • Options
    Thanks for all the great suggestions!  Now I want to shop :)
    {Blog}
    TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"