Single Parents

Ladies I need some advice, Please and thank you !

Come the 21st I will tech. be a single parent for a year. I am getting a tad overwhelmed and not sure how I am going to handle it all.  I have 2 boys, the oldest is almost 3 and the youngest is just 4weeks. I am mainly looking for advice, tips, tricks, and anything you lovely ladies can think of that can help me get through this next year I would be so greatful.

to clarify why I will be a single parent for a year, my dh is military and will be doing a unaccomined tour in Korea (which he could possible be deployed once he gets there).

Re: Ladies I need some advice, Please and thank you !

• I only have one but hopefully you have a strong support system.  Rely on them as much as you can so you can at least get an hour or two to yourself to get things done or unwind. Good luck!
  • imageMalli Jane:
    I only have one but hopefully you have a strong support system.  Rely on them as much as you can so you can at least get an hour or two to yourself to get things done or unwind. Good luck!

LOOOVE the onesie!

• Loading the player...
  • I have two things to offer:

1.  Realize that you need to focus on what is important in the MOMENT.  As we speak my kitchen floor hasn't been washed for a few weeks now and is freaking me out, but I haven't had time to do it.  My girls are 5 and 2.5 mos and homework and baths and cuddle time have been more important.  (I work full time so we only have the evenings/weekends).  Just take each moment and do what is most important for you and your kids right then.

2.   Remember that no matter how many great plans you make they will be constantly adjusted!  I know that I've made all of these great ideas and plans of how to help my older one grow, learn, overcome a behavior problem, etc.  And as soon as I start implementing it it seems like I have to adjust the strategy.  Kids grow so quickly!  Know that it might feel overwhelming at first but you can expect to have to shift your life on a fairly regular basis to keep up with a good plan.

Good luck!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"