Trouble TTC

Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor after 5 years of no luck

Hi, I am new to the bump.  My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 5 years unofficially, and desperately for the past year with no luck.  I have irregular periods, so they say that fertility monitors won't help me...however, I am determined to give it a try.  We have been through it all in the past few years...anger, sadness, jealousy, and acceptance. We've seen some people we know through school and work get pregnant and have many abortions, or just keep smoking and drinking and not caring about their baby. It enrages me because I have not touched an alcoholic beverage in years and avoided smoke infested places (usually the fun/social places) for almost 3 years, and I have been on a "health nut" diet forever. Trust me when I say we have seen it all, we have. So we decided to just relax and try a fertility monitor.  We used the ones with test strips and never really got a positive for the past 4 months.  We decided to try using the CBEFM and I had a peak the first month!  So for anyone else using it or considering to use it I will post my progress here! Feel free to share your questions, experiences, or progress too!

My progress so far:

Cycle Days #1-5: no test

Cycle Day #6-10: test showed low fertility, day 10 did the do

Cycle Day #11-12: test showed high fertility, day 11-12 did the do

Cycle Day #13-14: test showed peak fertility, day 12-14 did the do

Cycle Day #15: test showed high fertility

Cycle Day #16-20: no tests, shows low fertility

I am on Day 20 today, and I am waiting for day 28 or so to take a pregnancy test! So all this time I never knew I was ovulating so early because I usually have a 60 to 75 day cycle...might explain why the other opk strips never worked...I was using them too late! Wish me luck and baby dust for everyone!

Selena 

Re: Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor after 5 years of no luck

• I like the book How to Get Pregnant by Dr. Sherman Silber
  • If you have a 60-75 day cycle, you aren't ovulating early. If you are ovulating at all, it would be around CD45-60. Your period will always come around 14 days after you ovulate, the only thing that can change in your cycle is what day you ovulate. So someone with a normal 28 day cycle will ovulate around CD14. Someone with a 34 day cycle will ovulate around CD20.

The CBEFM may not be accurate in this case. I really hope it is, and I hope you are pg, but it's possible that your body is gearing up to ovulate, which the CBEFM picks up, but not actually ovulating. The only way to know for sure if you have ovulated is to chart. I highly recommend charting your cycle and reading "Taking Charge of Your Fertility". Fertilityfriend.com is also a good place to start. I hope this cycle is it for you!

• Loading the player...
  • Good luck and baby dust!!! We just started trying and I just went off of BC a month ago so I'm just waiting to see if my cycle is going to go haywire but I've gotten some ovulation tests to see if that will help predict when (if) I'm ovulating...maybe a fertility monitor is the way to go if I can't pinpoint that time...thanks for the info cause now I'm going to make sure I'm testing basically all the way through until I get a little more "regular" so I can plan a bit better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"