Single Parents
Options

Question....

why do a lot of people on here think that being a single parent is "unfortunate?" I'm GLAD that I am a single parent. I'm glad I'm not with ds' dad anymore he's an @ss and thinks of himself first

Re: Question....

• Options
    When people say "unfortunate" its because it is not ideal. yes your bf may be an a**hole, but it doesn't make up for the fact that having both parents is better than one. Don't flame me because I know how it is I am a single parent and take dayum good care of my son. But I always feel like he is missing something not having his dad everyday.........
  • Options
    Personally, it was an absolute blessing and my son was much better off with out SD in his life. Even though he had no father for many years, he learned to cope and turned out pretty damn good. I've never felt bad for him that he didn't have a father in his life. My dad was/is there if needed for certain things like fishing and manly things and it worked out fine!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

i previously posted the title of unfortunate possible newcomer...

i know not everyone is "unfortunately" a single parent, but i was referring to my sister, who does not want things to end this way.

it is very unfortunate in her situation.

• Options
    I think people look at it as an unfortunate situation because most of the time, you're doing it alone, and it is difficult. If you aren't a single mom, there is the dad there. (unless he's worthless and does nothing of course). For some people, it is unfortunate that you aren't together anymore. We still get along pretty good, and if I had the choice, I would choose to be with him. So for me, it is an unfortunate situation.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageturtlesmom:

i previously posted the title of unfortunate possible newcomer...

i know not everyone is "unfortunately" a single parent, but i was referring to my sister, who does not want things to end this way.

it is very unfortunate in her situation.

it wasn't directed at you....

• Options

It kind of bugs me too. Some mothers choose to do it alone. 

Maybe I'm over sensitive, but it bugs me when people say "I think single moms are the best, I don't know how they do it"

To me they're saying they're just happy its not them.

William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think it's unfortunate that the man I married wasn't who I believed he was and our marriage has to end. I also think it's unfortunate that because of that DS doesn't get to have his dad there for him every day anymore. He is a good dad. I never envisioned myself doing this alone. While I think it's unfortunate that this is the way it ended up, I know that this is the best thing to do. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"