3rd Trimester
Options

Numbness below breast, top of stomach, anyone else?

I have been experiencing numbness right below my breast along the top of my stomach and it seems to get worse by the day.  I am going to call the doctor and see if I can get in before my next appointment, just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this as well 

Thanks in advance

Re: Numbness below breast, top of stomach, anyone else?

• Options
    I have this-  I assumed it was just baby putting pressure on a nerve- mine is a tingling feeling.
    MY BLOG image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My right boob does this just below the boob where it rests on the skin.  I'm thinking its because my boob is so freakin heavy its pinching my skin and going numb/tingly every so often...only happens when I don't wear a bra.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a "golf ball" of numbness under my left boob. It's been there since about 25 weeks. I feel it more after eating, so I'm assuming it's gas/pressure/baby squishing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had this and for me getting rid of the bra helped but it was every day for several weeks. My OB said it was totally normal just a major PITA.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    PS- if it is when you are wearing a bra and the band is getting snug, I got bra extenders at Target and the helped SO much!
  • Options
    I get a tingling/numb sensation right in the center under my breasts. I assumed it was the baby putting pressure on a nerve or something.
  • Options
    I have this as well.  My doc said it was just a pinched superficial nerve.  It has gotten better now that baby has dropped, but it was quite annoying. 
    Wife to B-2008 Mom to O-2009 Secondary infertility BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imageLisa and Mickey:
    PS- if it is when you are wearing a bra and the band is getting snug, I got bra extenders at Target and the helped SO much!

It is with and without a bra, those extenders are great.  I see everyone else is having it on one side and mine is all the way across so I will definitely call.  I am just nervous it might start aggravating my asthma. 

• Options
    Mine was all the way across too, but I would def call if it worries you.
  • Options

Yes, I also have this.  It doesn't matter if I have a bra on or not, it happens randomly, goes away, comes back etc. Can be on just one side or both...  To tell you the truth, I never even asked the doctor about it because I just assumed it was a result of the baby's position, like others said. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"