Detroit Babies

Downriver pediatrician and mom's group rec.

Hi there!  I have been looking over these posts for several months and it seems that everyone lives in the northern Detroit metro area....is there anyone on here who lives downriver?  :)  I am looking for a recomendation for a pediatrician.  My husband and I are expectiong our first on January 6th (a little girl!) but we have not lived in MI for very long so we don't have any friends or family here who can point us in the right direction.  I am also looking for a mom's group to join since I will be a stay at home mom once the little one arrives!  Any advice would be SO appreciated!!  Thanks!

Re: Downriver pediatrician and mom's group rec.

• I also live downriver and take my son to Dr. Dettore at West Road between Telegraph and I-75. The office is located in the Henry Ford ER/Urgent Care Center. We've been there a couple times and really like the office and it's convenient because DS needed to be sent to the ER for croup and all we had to do was walk next door to the ER.

Congrats on your little girl and hope this helps!

As for mom's groups - I don't have much info on that. I work full time so I don't have the opportunity to get out during the day.

• I like my pediatrician.  His name is Dr. Kapil Patel and is in Trenton, MI.

I haven't joined a mom's group yet, but I'm looking into joining a mom's club in my area after flu season is over and my son is a little older.  The one in my area has all older kids so I think I might wait until it gets nicer outside.  You can find one in your area by looking on momsclub.org.

• Loading the player...
  • We see Dr. Dave in Wyandotte. We really like him. His staff are really nice. 

As for mommy groups, I joined on in Wyandotte and one in Belleville. You could check mommyandme.com for groups close to you.  

• try looking up playgroups on www.meetup.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"