Single Parents
Options

Thinking about separation

My husband and I have been together over 2 years.I just gave birth to my first child,his third in October.  I worked up untill 40 wk 4 days. I have to go back this weekend. I'm afraid they won't let me b/c I'm still  experiencing sharp pains from my c-section. I'm thinking about not telling the dr's b/c we need the money. We are way behind on our bills. He acts as though he's concerned about it, but doesn't help matters. He didn't work the first part of the summer,causing us to fall behind after his last school check ran out. I went back to work @ almost 6 month pregnant. He did nothing but play on the computer. I let that go. He recently had an opportunity to get another job,better hours, pay.He was  late to orientation. He could of rescheduled but didn't. He acted all upset,then I found out he thought it would be to tiring.That made me upset.

The financial situation is just one of our problems.  The first night I came home with our daughter,she was having trouble bf b/c she was in a new enviroment. I tried three times to get her to latch on. I went to get the formula,she was wailing,and he yelled at me that I wasn't even effing trying to feed her. The other morning he was yelling at me she effing hungry get in here. He could of got a bottle out of the fridge and fed her himself. I was fixing his breakfast,packing his lunch. Since I've been home, he's cooked three times. I do all the work around the house,laundry,cat box, trash ect. His 15 yr old plays on the computer and won't even get his laundry off the dryer after I wash and fold it.

He comes home from work,I realize he wants to wind down. He gets on the computer, we might talk for 15 min and that's it..  He's on the computer untill bed. We don't sit and talk or watch tv on the couch.I have no interation with him. My neighbor comes over so I have someone to talk to besides my daughter.She's my little buddy.I thought it was going to be better. .I don't know what to do. I have talked to him about all of this before. It's not like he doesn't know how I feel. I know he loves me and his daughter very much.In my mind though I can't use that as an excuse. The one area that's really bothering me is he spends no time with me, and has been yelling at me since I've come home from the hospital.I need more than an "I love you"

My sister and father are worried I'm being taking advantage of by him.He's not  pulling his weight in the marriage.I watch him with our daughter and he's a very good father. I love him so much and don't want his daughter to grow up without him.. My dad told me come home when I'm ready.

I sit here everyday wondering what to do. I  really don't know.

Re: Thinking about separation

• Options

I am sorry, it sounds like you are having a hard time. With that being said, I think your dad might be right. You say that he loves you and your daughter, but he has a funny way of showing it! Part of loving someone and being in a relationship with someone is spending time with them! If he was working or something else that kept him from you, that would be one thing, but the computer isn't an excuse! And I am actually really curious what it is he is doing on the computer...? I get carried away on Facebook and such, but not for that long, and I surely don't ignore my family!

I hope that maybe you can get to the bottom of this. You don't want your baby to have to grow up in that situation. Especially if you aren't happy!!! Good luck:)

• Options
    I agree with the pp and you have to do what is best for you and your daughter. Maybe you should take up your fathers offer and see how it goes. Good luck, I hope everything works out for you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't listen to anyone else but yourself. If you take someone's advice and it makes matters worse you will never forgive them. Good luck!
  • Options
    The most important thing is u need to b happy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"