Boston Babies
Options

Cost range for nanny for infant in Natick?

We're due to have our second child at the end of January.  Our son goes to a daycare center nearby, and we pay between $1400-1700/month for four days there (depending on how many Mondays there are in the month).  The center may not be able to take the baby until after the summer.  We want to explore the idea of in home care for the baby for the first 6 months or so after I go back to work, and I'm wondering if the cost would be similar to what the center costs, less, or much more.

Any input or advice would be appreciated!

Erica 

Re: Cost range for nanny for infant in Natick?

• Options

I guess it would depend on what you are looking for in a nanny. If you are looking for someone who has a background in early childhood education or a lot of experience working with infants... then you would be looking to pay $25-30/ hour without benefits or $18-25/hour with benefits. But that is just my opinion. As an ECE teacher, I wouldn't accept less than that. If you are just looking for someone to help out you can pay less. But the way that the day care cost breaks down is about $10/hour... which is what I would pay a 16 year old babysitter for a night... if it is full-time you need to pay full-time... this is someone's income. (This was not meant to sound snarky at all... please don't take it that way... I am just giving my opinion....)

?

GL?

• Options
    I have actually been a nanny/preschool teacher for 6 years and depending on what kind of hours and experience you want will tell you how much it will cost you.  For example, a nanny with a degree and many years experience can run you 17-25 an hour and a nanny with out a degree and little experience you can probably find someone to work for 14-17 an hour.  Just remember that it may be more money in the end but you have a child that isn't getting sick, has personal care and is loved like you would love your own child.  You also could have both children home and think about saving money that way. It is the same cost for up to 4 children. Good luck in the search.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"