2nd Trimester

Dry, cracked skin

My skin gets horribly dry in the winter.  I think I've tried just about every lotion under the sun.  Anyone else get this?  What do you use? I drink almost a gallon of water per day so I know I'm keepingg hydrated enough.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dry, cracked skin

• Humidifier sp? at night...
  • Eucerin! not the lotion, the cream (in the tub)
  • Loading the player...
  • I use a humidifier, and slather on Body Butter from the body shop constantly. I am still pretty dry, but nothing else really helps. O_O Sorry. Limit the hot showers, and if you can, rub down with Olive Oil afterward, and pat dry. That could help.
  • imagesassafras007:
    Humidifier sp? at night...

I wish I could use one.  My dog would sit there all night and lick at the wet air.  She's a goof ball.  :)

• imagenannyannie:
    I use a humidifier, and slather on Body Butter from the body shop constantly. I am still pretty dry, but nothing else really helps. O_O Sorry. Limit the hot showers, and if you can, rub down with Olive Oil afterward, and pat dry. That could help.

Olive Oil?

• imagemrsh0606:

imagenannyannie:
    I use a humidifier, and slather on Body Butter from the body shop constantly. I am still pretty dry, but nothing else really helps. O_O Sorry. Limit the hot showers, and if you can, rub down with Olive Oil afterward, and pat dry. That could help.

Olive Oil?

I use oil on my scalp becasue I have a condition where the skin cells grow a million times faster than normal. This helps...

• I do! The skin between my fingers will crack and bleed sometimes... It's nasty. I used Gold Bond Extra Strength Body Lotion last winter and it worked really well. I applied it everytime I'd shower or wash my hands.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemrsh0606:

imagenannyannie:

Olive Oil?

https://www.healthy-skincare.com/olive-oil-skin-care.html

• Take a butter bath?!

I have gotten the itchiest skin lately and I can't get it to go away!!!

• cetaphil or eucerin works best for me
  • If it's in mostly concentrated areas, I'd say bust out the Vaseline. (Of course, don't expect to be able to touch anything for any length of time following said application as you'll smudge things, mess up clothing, etc.) If it's an all-over skin issue: all I can offer you is my empathy. I forever have scales, too, regardless of my best moisturizing efforts. Harumph.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"