Pennsylvania Babies
Options

Hi, and an introduction... :)

I've posted a couple times on here recently, but just thought I'd "formally" say hello! I grew up in south-central PA, but moved to Philly for grad school, met my DH, and have lived here in center city for the last 7.5 years. But my DD is 13 months old, and our apartment is starting to get a bit cramped (and DH is ready to make a change with his job)... so we're taking a big step and moving back to my hometown next month. I'm excited to be back home, near family and some HS friends, but feeling really bittersweet about leaving the city. I'm not so great at dealing with change, in general. Sad I know it'll be great for our family... just need to give myself some time to adjust!

Anyway, I SAH (and will be working from home a little, too), so DD and I are involved in some playgroups and activities here in Philly. I'm really hoping to find some similar things after the move... is anyone involved in anything fun they'd recommend, particularly in the Hershey area? Music, gym, yoga, storytime, etc?

Thank you so much in advance! Smile

Re: Hi, and an introduction... :)

• Options
    Welcome! I can vouch for Gymboree in Harrisburg, and we often have get-togethers at a place called the Playhouse Cafe, which is in Lemoyne. I'm sure some of the east shore girls will have good suggestions for you. Hopefully we'll see you at one of our play days!
  • Options
    Welcome!  Our daughters are really close in age (mine is 14 months old), so it'd be great if you can make it to a playdate once you move. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck with the move!  I belong to the Moms Club on the West Shore, and there is an East Shore group too, in case you were interested in something like that.  I can only speak for the WS group, but I enjoy it because they have at least 3-4 activities a week and you can pick and choose what you're interested in.  I think it's a great way to meet other moms in the area and all the kiddies get to play together too!
  • Options
    What a cute sig pic!!  I hope your move goes smoothly and that we'll get to meet at a play group.
    {Blog}
    TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"