Washington Babies

What do you serve with tandoori chicken?

I found a great WW-friendly reciepe for tandoori chicken.   The only things I can think of to serve with it is basmati rice and/or cucumber salad.

Can you guys think of anything else that would go good with this? 

And if you're unfamiliar: Tandoori chicken

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

Re: What do you serve with tandoori chicken?

• rice for sure, what about a channa masala?  (chick peas) --  some naan (TJs has some frozen thats tummy, and I think even safeway does) ---  how about a raita to go with/sauce up the chicken?

Channa Masala

- serves 2 -

Adapted from Recipezaar.

Ingredients

1 tablespoon butter
    1/2 onion, chopped
    1 garlic clove
    1/2 tablespoon ground coriander
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
    1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
    3 tablespoons chopped tomatoes
    1/2 cup water
    1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
    1 teaspoon paprika
    1/2 teaspoon garam masala
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    Juice of 1/4 lemon
    1/2 jalape?o, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
    1 teaspoon ginger, grated

Procedure

1. Toss the butter in a skillet set over medium heat. When melted, add the onion and cook until soft and beginning to brown, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.

2. Add the coriander, cumin, cayenne, and turmeric. Stir until combined and cook for 30 seconds or so, or until it is very fragrant.

3. Stir in the tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.

4. Dump in the chickpeas and the pour in the water. Stir until combined, and then bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Add the paprika, garam masala, salt, and lemon juice. Cover and cook at a simmer for 10 minutes.

5. Sprinkle in the ginger and jalapeno. Cook for another 30 seconds. Season with salt if needed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That sounds tasty! Thanks, Beth. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Loading the player...
  • will you send the tandoori recipe?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Of course!

I haven't tried it yet, though.  I'm starting the marinade tonight so we won't be having it for dinner until tomorrow. It's 3pts/serving :)

2 tbsp tandoori spice mix

1 med onion, chopped

2 medium garlic cloves, minced

1 cup plain fat-free yogurt

1 tbsp fresh lime juice

1 lb uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast (4 four ounce pieces)

?In large zip-close plastic bag combine spice mix, onion, garlic, yogurt and lime juice. Make diagonal slashes across chicken about 1 inch apart. Add chicken. Refrigerate 6 to 24 hours.

?

Heat broiler. Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place chicken on sheet, cover with sauce. Broil 4 inches from element until cooked through, about 15 minutes. (If spice mix is unavailable, substitute: 1 tbsp fresh minced ginger, 1 1/2 tsp coriander, 2 tsp cumin, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice.)

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• That looks yummy! I'm terrible with Indian food but I have some garlic Naan from TJ's that I'd probably serve along with salad.
  • Where do you get the tandori spice mix?  I don't think I've seen that, just simmer sauces.

I was thinking some creamed spinach would be good in case you needed to cut the heat some.

If you're not into rice, rou could also boil some small red potatoes with a few strips of peel taken off, then butter, salt and parsley them.  you could add some turmeric and or/paprika for color. 

After three years TTC, four IUI's plus 2 cancelled, MFI (morph, motility, count), maternal age (40 as of 5/12) & former endo, we're moving to IVF spring 2012 (good/avg AMH and FSH). We did beat the odds once, however. DD born after 2 years TTC with clomid and no monitoring at my age 35. Doctors are SHOCKED we were able to conceive. Here's hoping for another miracle.
  • Last time I had Tandori Chicken it was at an Indian resturaunt in the U district and we had the most delicious veggies with it...

Lightly steamed (?) Cauliflower and carrots with some seasoning that was perfect! (I know that doesn't help a ton).

And rice and Garlic Naan, and Mango lemonade.

My mouth is watering. Thanks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"