Pennsylvania Babies
Options

Apparently I'm huge !

In the past week, I cant even count the number of people who have asked me when my due date is and looked shocked that I have 8 more weeks, or just looked at me and commented on how pregnant I am.  I also had a mom at mygym say to me something about making it another week... she clearly thinks I'm about to pop also.

I dont mind being big, I was big with Connor... but not this big... I'm just nervous about the next few weeks, I dont know how much bigger I can get lol  He weighed 8lb4oz, i'm hoping this one isnt much bigger than 9lb!

Re: Apparently I'm huge !

• Options

People are so rude!  I'm sorry you've had to deal with such comments.  I'm sure you look great!  I don't know if it will make you feel any better about having a big baby but my sister was over 10lbs and my mother always commented on how she was the easiest to deliver.  They say the 2nd is usually an easier labor and delivery, right?  I hope that's true for you!

Is Conner getting excited about his baby brother's impending arrival?

{Blog}
    TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks :)  I hope this one is easy to deliver, or at least doesnt havea  big head lol

I think Connor definitely knows something is up, he is obsessed with my belly... rubs it, gives it kisses and points at it a lot.  He's also been playing with his baby doll the last few nights.  He brings it into the living room, gets a diaper, the wipes and a changing pad then makes us put a diaper on the baby.  Then he gives it its bottle and a hug and a kiss.   We were trying to teach him how to burp the baby but DH was making burping sounds and Connor ended up just laughing.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I say the bigger the belly, the better :)  When I was pregnant, a lady said to me "shouldn't you be in the hospital having that baby right now?!"... and I still had 7 weeks to go...

And you're right, you don't need to worry about a big baby as much as you need to worry about a big head/shoulders!

• Options
    Same thing for me too.  I pretty much ignore the comments.  I think people have trouble envisioning how big you should be at a certain time.  It also depends on how you carry.  I am all stomach, and low.  I am measuring fine, so I don't worry about it.  My first son was 8lb 7ounces.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Well, I just saw you 2 weeks ago and I didn't think you looked big!

I know how you feel though.... I didn't know how I could possibly get any bigger than I did with Claire, but I went 4 weeks longer this time and I def. got bigger!! 

Hang in there! I'm sure you look great :-) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"