Trouble TTC
Options

Starting Clomid, should I chart?

After discovering that I am not ovulating, my OB is going to start me on Clomid next cycle.  I know a little about the drug, but not very much about the protocol.  Do I start charting now even though I'm not ovulating?  I haven't really had the chance to talk to my Dr. about this yet and was just wondering what everyone's general experience was with this.
Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary

Re: Starting Clomid, should I chart?

• Options

You need to be monitored while on the clomid with b/w and u/s to make sure it isn't thining your lining and actually helping you ovulate. Even with the lowest dose, you can overstimulate or your lining may be too thin and it won't sustain any kind of pregnancy.

If you absolutely can't get monitoring, still continue to chart, but you may ovulate later than normal. I didn't ovulate until cd18, and once at cd26. At least get your progesterone checked at 7DPO, no matter what cd that is.

Katie, PCOS since May 2005, Fostering since November 2010 Adoption since December 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    *PCOS bio* *Cold Hands, Warm Heart*
  • Options
    Ditto PP.  I wasted 7 cycles on Clomid with my regular OB/GYN and no monitoring.  My RE says everything came back normal and I just need stronger medicine to O and monitoring, he was livid when he realized they had never done an ultrasound while I was on the Clomid before.
     TTC #1 since June 2008
    M/C @ 6 weeks 12/31/2008, Ectopic @ 6 weeks on 4/23/2010
    Diagnosed Unexplained 11/2009-DH is fine-I don't get AF
    Cycle #22 - 1/27/11 - IUI #1 & Injections - BFP! - DS born 11/11/11 
    TTC#2 - 2/24/14 - IUI & Injections - BFP! - EDD 11/29/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, I would definitely chart.  Clomid might help you O or change your cycle so you want to know so it's easier for you to conceive.  You want to have all of the information so you can tell your RE so he knows what is or isn't working. 
  • Options

I started on Clomid 50 mg last cycle.  And my doctor had me come in for 4 ultrasounds starting day 11-20, closely monitoring what it did for my ovaries and uterine lining  and she also did lab work.  I didn't ovulate, but the lining did great (didn't thin, but got thicker)!   Have since changed doctors (for other reasons) and they have upped the dosage.  I have gone in once for lab work, and then will go in again for more lab work and ultrasounds later in the cycle.

Charting didn't work that great for me.  I wake up at different times, and could never keep a consistent schedule.  Plus with my regular cycle I would be charting for months without ovulation!  But my doctor also had me start a "really good" ovulation kit around day 13 of my cycle to go along with her monitoring.  I will probably do that again this cycle.  If charting works for you, then I say do it...couldn't hurt.  But your doctor should also be keeping a really close eye on things! Good luck! 

• Options

Keep charting!  If the clomid does work, you'll know from charting and vice versa.  Also, try not to freak out too much if it doesn't work the first month.  People set me up to think that it would, for sure, work the first month and I was VERY let down when it didn't. Doesn't mean that it won't work eventually.  My dr. and nurses at the office just made it sound more surefire than it was for me.

GL and keep up the charting!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My Dr started me on Clomis this cycle @ 50mg days 3-7. She told me to do a home monitoring kit to see when I ovulate because I need to come in and get a blood test 7 days after ovulation. They said NOTHING to me about having an ultrasound for lining thinning or anything..... should I ask or wait till I have been on Clomid for multiple cycles?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagelmc5004:
    My Dr started me on Clomis this cycle @ 50mg days 3-7. She told me to do a home monitoring kit to see when I ovulate because I need to come in and get a blood test 7 days after ovulation. They said NOTHING to me about having an ultrasound for lining thinning or anything..... should I ask or wait till I have been on Clomid for multiple cycles?

You should have monitoring from the very beginning, even the lowest dose can cause thin lining or even overstimulation.

Katie, PCOS since May 2005, Fostering since November 2010 Adoption since December 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    *PCOS bio* *Cold Hands, Warm Heart*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"