Oregon Babies

It's been a long time!

Hey all! It's been quite awhile since I've been on the boards here, but thought I'd pop in and say hello--there are a lot of new mamas here since I've been on :)

We just found out that we're expecting our second, so I'm super excited! I'm wondering if any of you have any experience with Andaluz Waterbirth Center, we're looking at birthing there this time after an awful birth experience with DS.  Thanks! :)

Re: It's been a long time!

• I have heard good things but don't have any personal experience.  CONGRATS on #2!!!!  Very exciting!!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imageiHeartJoe:

Hey all! It's been quite awhile since I've been on the boards here, but thought I'd pop in and say hello--there are a lot of new mamas here since I've been on :)

We just found out that we're expecting our second, so I'm super excited! I'm wondering if any of you have any experience with Andaluz Waterbirth Center, we're looking at birthing there this time after an awful birth experience with DS.  Thanks! :)

Congratulations on your pregnancy!  Happy and healthy 9 months to you.  I don't know abything about Andaluz, sorry.

I don't want to hurt your feelings, but... I remember you from before, your siggy is offensive and presumptous.  A dear friend of mine that lurks on these boards just had a M/C and had to have a D&C, and it would hurt her so much to read that, on an otherwise friendly baby message board.  I hope that by me writing this out, you will re-think having that in your siggy.  It's very hurtful, and not appropriate for the bump (or at least, this local board).

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageThe_Jen626:
    imageiHeartJoe:

Congratulations on your pregnancy!  Happy and healthy 9 months to you.  I don't know abything about Andaluz, sorry.

I don't want to hurt your feelings, but... I remember you from before, your siggy is offensive and presumptous.  A dear friend of mine that lurks on these boards just had a M/C and had to have a D&C, and it would hurt her so much to read that, on an otherwise friendly baby message board.  I hope that by me writing this out, you will re-think having that in your siggy.  It's very hurtful, and not appropriate for the bump (or at least, this local board).

Yes

Agreed

• imageThe_Jen626:

Thanks all for the congrats! :) It's a pretty crazy thing to wrap my head around at this point that I'm pregnant again, lol.

Jen, I'm very sorry for your friend's loss, my bff has been ttc for over a year and lost 2 pregnancies, so I know what a difficult thing that is. That said, with all due respect I don't understand how my simply stating that I'm pro-life can be construed as being offensive or presumptuous. Nothing in my sig is negative or attacking, in any way, and certainly not intended to be, so I'm truly sorry if you took it that way. ETA: I did pare the sig back a bit and took out the part that I think might have been perceived negatively. I definitely am not trying to hurt anyone, so I sincerely hope that helps :)

• imageiHeartJoe:
    imageThe_Jen626:

Thanks all for the congrats! :) It's a pretty crazy thing to wrap my head around at this point that I'm pregnant again, lol.

Jen, I'm very sorry for your friend's loss, my bff has been ttc for over a year and lost 2 pregnancies, so I know what a difficult thing that is. That said, with all due respect I don't understand how my simply stating that I'm pro-life can be construed as being offensive or presumptuous. Nothing in my sig is negative or attacking, in any way, and certainly not intended to be, so I'm truly sorry if you took it that way. 

OK...I'm not going to debate you and your siggy...you know exactly what you have in there, and what is offensive about it.  But I'm sure you also have bumper stickers all over your car, too, right?  I'm done with this post, I have to go do my volunteer work with Planned Parenthood now. 

• Wow... honestly I'm sorry that you're offended by anything I have in there. I did edit out what I though might have been the part you meant, but maybe not? If not, I truly am not sure what you mean, unless it's simply the fact that I am pro life.

I'm incredibly hurt by your judgments of me based simply on my being pro-life (which somehow makes me a bad person??). In your own words this is supposed to be a "friendly baby message board", but apparently I'm totally unwelcome on our local board because my opinion differs from yours?

• imageiHeartJoe:

Wow... honestly I'm sorry that you're offended by anything I have in there. I did edit out what I though might have been the part you meant, but maybe not? If not, I truly am not sure what you mean, unless it's simply the fact that I am pro life.

I'm incredibly hurt by your judgments of me based simply on my being pro-life (which somehow makes me a bad person??). In your own words this is supposed to be a "friendly baby message board", but apparently I'm totally unwelcome on our local board because my opinion differs from yours?

Thank you for editing that out, it really was needed.  However, please don't put words in my mouth.  I don't have any problem with you being pro-life, and I never said anything about you being a bad person, or being unwelcome here.  You can have your beliefs, and I will have mine.  My point is that there's about 10 regular posters on this board, and I couldn't tell you how any of them feel about gun control, or abortion, or terrorists, or any other highly volatile topic.  There's a politics board if you want to have a political talk...but on this board, there's certain topics that just don't need to be talked about, for the good of the board.  I don't care or need to know your (or any other posters) religious beliefs, it's not needed.

• Congrats!!!!!!!

ETA: I never saw the siggy, but I am pro-life and have had several mcs... I'm not sure what is/was so offensive? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"