Trouble TTC

Charting question - TTC after BCP

Hey everyone, I'm new to the board and have to admit that I haven't spent much time lurking (my job prevents me from being online for too long), so I apologize if this has already come up. I just started TTC in September, went off BCP around Sept. 4. Exactly 28 days later I got my period, which was unusual because the entire time I was on the pill I never got a period. I assumed my cycle was regular. I started charting on the first day and this cycle hasn't ended since. I am now on day 44 of my cycle. I'm charting and thought I ovulated on day 27 but now I'm worried that I'm not ovulating at all. Did anyone else experience this after going off the pill? Any advice?

Re: Charting question - TTC after BCP

• Hi there..im new today too :)  

When I came off the pill (2 years ago this past September), my cycle was completely thrown off.   ( I was VERY regular on the pill).   I remember I didn't get my period for almost 45 days (month and a half) at first  and for 6 months after that it was really screwed up and it was almost impossible for me to calculate ovulation.

For some reason that following April (six months later), my cycle adjusted itself (made itself a week earlier from when I was on the pill) and ive been regular ever since.   Instead of it just coming a week earlier to begin with, it came later until it found its new cycle.  If that makes sense.

I wouldn't worry too much at this point, give your body a few months to adjust.   I dont know how long you've been taking the pill for, but I was on it over 10 years and i'd imagine that my body needed to "snap out of it".

• I had the same situation happen to me. On BCP for about 10 years and had wildly long periods when I finally got off (as long as 50-some days). It made it hard to plan for O and even made me doubt that I was O-ing every cycle.

My last two cycles have finally been normal (32 days each) so it took my body about 8 months to truly regulate itself. Charting like a crazy woman now and hoping that my regular cycles get me that sticky pregnancy! Good luck and it will get better after BCP!

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the input! Its good to know that others went through the same thing. During those super long cycles, did you ovulate? Based on my chart I thought I ovulated on Day 27 but that means I'm not 17 days past ovulation and from everything I've read, typically the time after ovulation doesn't fluctuate. Should I just assume I'm didn't ovulate like I thought I had this cycle?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"