Connecticut Babies
Options

Seasonal Flu Vaccine?

Hi - I'm a newcomer here...just found out I am 5 weeks pregnant.  I'm curious about what everyone is doing for the flu vaccines.  I am going to get the seasonal vaccine but am trying to find somewhere that is giving the preservative free vaccine...anyone know of anyplace that is giving these types of shots?  Thanks in advance for your help :)

Re: Seasonal Flu Vaccine?

• Options

Hi there,

Congratulations! If I were you, I wouldn't worry about the preservatives. I got the regular seasonal flu vaccine last year while I was pregnant, and the baby turned out fine.

Good luck,

Caroline

• Options
    imageCarolineofWalli:

Hi there,

Congratulations! If I were you, I wouldn't worry about the preservatives. I got the regular seasonal flu vaccine last year while I was pregnant, and the baby turned out fine.

Good luck,

Caroline

Just because you did something and everything turned out fine - doesn't mean that if everyone does the same thing they will be fine too.  For example - some people drink while pg and the baby is fine.  Other's end up with FFS or FFE. 

That being said there is a very small amount of mercury in the vaccine, but I understand your concern.  The past 3 years I have gotten the preservative free shot (I was either TTC, pg, or nursing). 

Try calling your local VNA and asking them if they have it.  I never had a problem getting it.  My local VNA comes to my Doctors office and they always have the preservative free vaccine.  In fact, this year it was all they had.

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i know walgreens has the preservative free vaccine. also call your primary care physician because they might have it.  i know my OB didn't get it but my PCP did. GL!
  • Options
    I got both the regular flu shot and Swine flu shot through my OB this year. I didn't ask about preservative free, but they were the mercury free ones. I'd check with your OB first. I'm not sure if that's the same thing.
    ~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options

imageHeather&Alexi:
    I didn't ask about preservative free, but they were the mercury free ones. I'd check with your OB first. I'm not sure if that's the same thing.

I'm pretty sure it's the same thing.  The one with preservatives also have mercury.  The one w/o mercury is also preservative free. 

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"