Blended Families

Got a paper in the mail from the courthouse

We have a hearing beginning of Dec. On it, it says that hearing- Petition to bring foreward Proposed Parenting plan.  Do you think that the court house has brought this foreward or DF? If he brought it forward (don't think he did, but) I would have gotten something in the mail prior to this, right?

Anywho, this gives me another chance to bring up the fact that he STILL hasn't paid C/S, bringing his balance to $6000 behind as well as bringing up the fact that he is mentally unstable, regarding his intentions towards being a so-called parent to DD. I have the paper stating him signing over rights. I haven't talked to him in a month because he can't figure out if he wants to be a part of her life or not and I don't want my lil girl to be anymore confused then she already is. I have rcv'd emails from him telling me that DD will know the truth some day and that I ruined his life and that I need to take care of my fat a55. I just laughed at it. 

If we could get him to be a POSITIVE part in her life, then I wouldn't care, but the drugs and the drinking and the constant up and downs are detrimental to DD's mind and she doesn't need that. I know there is no way to prove any of that in court. When he has a g/f, he wants to be a part of her life, thinking everything is all hunky dory and then when shiit goes bad with the relationship, it's "fvck DD and the rest of the world" and turns to alcohol and drugs because "my life sucks" I have heard it all, I have seen it all.

I just wish that sometimes her life would be simple, instead, I had to be stupid and make a child with him and punish her for the rest of her life. (ps: I don't regret in anyway shape of form having DD. She was my life changer)

~*March 26th, 2011 - The day I marry my best friend*~ Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers image 44 Invitations sent out!
image 70 guests are joining the celebration!
image 11 friends are sad they can't make it
image 20 people are procrastinators!
RSVP Date: 2/28/2011

Re: Got a paper in the mail from the courthouse

• It sounds like he is taking you to court for custody. This won't be the time to bring up child support as custody and support are two separate issues.
    Stay at Home Mama to 3 Beautiful Children by the miracles of Birth & Adoption
  • imagemom2one:
    It sounds like he is taking you to court for custody. This won't be the time to bring up child support as custody and support are two separate issues.
    I am aware of this thank you. This is a continuance of filings that I did back in March for DF coming to the house high off crack. I have had sole custody since then.
    ~*March 26th, 2011 - The day I marry my best friend*~ Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers image 44 Invitations sent out!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemom2one:
    It sounds like he is taking you to court for custody. This won't be the time to bring up child support as custody and support are two separate issues.

This is a little harsh, have you paid any attention to her previous posts. 

good luck, I hope it works out for you.  I feel the same about my DS.  I don't regret him at all I regret everything picking such a dip in the first place.  DS's life would be so much better without all of the crap. 

Again good luck!

• Pita,

You said that you have a letter stating that he is willing to sign his rights over. Just curious if that is actually possible since you aren't married? This isn't meant as a flame! Just curious how that works..

• imagemckelvykr:

Pita,

You said that you have a letter stating that he is willing to sign his rights over. Just curious if that is actually possible since you aren't married? This isn't meant as a flame! Just curious how that works..

I am not 100% positive on this. When I asked a lawyer if I had to be married, they had told me "Not necessarily" though I think it would look better in court. However, no one would/will help me with the paperwork. This is why I hadn't filed anything yet.
  • If he has signed a legal document giving up parental rights (or will sign one) that means that he no longer has to pay child support, but then can no longer have anything to do with that child. Now, this is only if it is a legal document that has gone through the courts. I have a friend who's ex did this to get out of paying back child support. He was a real dirt bag and wasn't a part of the child's life anyways. This may be an option for you. Also, I think bringing up the back child support will only help you case. It just goes to show the courts that he isn't trying to contribute to your LO's life. Good luck with everything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"