Toronto Babies

when to start thinking about daycare?

I'm planning on taking the year of mat leave but do places have wait lists? Is this something I need to look into while still pg or do I have plenty of time?

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: when to start thinking about daycare?

• depends on where you are looking for daycare.  I called my work about going back early (EI ran out, long story) and by the time they finally got their heads out of their a$$es they called me on a thursday to say I start on monday.  My dad ended up watching him till I quit but I called a few places near me and they would have had openings right away if I wanted.  I'm in Oshawa
    Kristin & Dave

Happy Easter

My Blog

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I actually started looking before I had my daughter. I was about 6 mos pregnant and put myself on a wait list. Not all places do that and not all places will have such a far in advance wait list. If you are doing home daycare you might have to call closer to when you are going back to work.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I put DS on a waitlist for peekaboo daycare when he was 2 weeks old.  He was number 3 on the list then. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Check with the uni, maybe they have daycare or something associated you could look into.
  • Around here the wait lists are well over a year. Also a lot of places don't take babies under 18 months. We found an in home daycare last March and I got the last spot (B is 3 months right now). He starts next April.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"