Baby Names
Options

If it were guaranteed everyone would love the name, what would you choose?

Or, what are the most unique names you like, even if you wouldn't use them? 

I love Silas.

Fern, Raven, Sparrow, Lola, Harper, Scout, Eloise (but I might use that one)

Re: If it were guaranteed everyone would love the name, what would you choose?

• Options

Liesl. But I am actually still trying to get Hubs to agree to that one.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I love Harper.

If the next baby we have is a girl, we'll be using Anouk for her first name.  I know that even here in the UK (where it seems more acceptable to name your child something unique) we'll get a few raised eyebrows, but we both love it.

Other slightly unique names we like but most likely won't use are Agnes, Vesper, Greta and Poppy.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I would have named DS Meyer.

I know a Silas.  He's adorable.  And I know of another one - a friend of a friend's child.  You should go for it.

• Options
    imagejuniper19:

I would have named DS Meyer.

I know a Silas.  He's adorable.  And I know of another one - a friend of a friend's child.  You should go for it.

I might, except my last name ends in 'is' so it doesn't sound right. 

• Options

I would probably go ahead and honor my grandmother and use Mildred.

• Options

Eloise is my absolute favorite unique name that DBF gave a big old "NO" to....I kept trying to tempt him with how great Eloise Sophia sounds together...we'll see what happens. LOL 

I love the name Harper. The only thing that I would feel odd about is that the community college I went to is called "Harper College"...so, I wouldn't want people to think I was naming my child after my school. I love the name because of Harper Lee.

Other unique girl names I love are Hadley, Parker, Mason ( I really like boy names turned girl names..) Carson, Adelaide, Penelope, Ellery, Auden, Arden, and Leighton (although that seems to be popular).

For boys I like, Atticus, Chase, Reese, Easton, Landon, Silas, Grayson, Carter (although again..popular) and Tanner.  

• Options

Girl: Tallulah

Boy: Linus

• Options

Esme - but freaking Twilight ruined it for me.

• Options
    imageDevonPow:

That's cute!  I have no Twilight experience, so I may just add it to my list.  Thank you.  :-)

Oh, and I have a question, your pic in your siggy is nice & big (and your LO is so cute)...how do you do it?  I have tried and tried, but all I get are boxes showing that there is something wrong with my picture.  

• Options
    Recently, I've realized I really like Zoe-but DH would not go for it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagexabbyx:

I love Harper.

If the next baby we have is a girl, we'll be using Anouk for her first name.  I know that even here in the UK (where it seems more acceptable to name your child something unique) we'll get a few raised eyebrows, but we both love it.

Other slightly unique names we like but most likely won't use are Agnes, Vesper, Greta and Poppy.

I had a friend in elementary school named Anouk. I haven't heard that name in years!

P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Options

By "everyone," are you including significant others? Because that's just as much an issue for me. DH is a lot more traditional, or conservative, than I am.

Of your favorites, I think Silas is a great name.  I also love Eloise.

As far as what I'd have used, I love the name Alistair and it sounds awesome with our last name, or really pretentious, depending on whom you ask. 

I also love  Beatrice, and it was my beloved grandmother's name. And I love Paloma, but my last name is extremely British so it would be silly to use it.

• Options
    imagewheelenl:

By "everyone," are you including significant others? Because that's just as much an issue for me. DH is a lot more traditional, or conservative, than I am.

Absolutely!  My SO is so stuck on Phoebe and definitely the most significant barrier to my naming the future little one (not preg yet).  And by the way, I think you are generally fabulous. 

• Options

G: Sadie, Charlie, Lena, Ruby, Stella

B: Vaughn, Merrick, Miles

Sadie is not impressed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "This ribbon has been reported." - lovesnina
  • Options
    imageValentineBB:

G: Sadie, Charlie, Lena, Ruby, Stella

B: Vaughn, Merrick, Miles

Ohhhhh, I love Charlie and Stella! 

• Options

I love Silas, I know someone with a 1 year old with that name. 

My tastes are pretty classic, nothing too unusual.  I think Juliet and Alice are my two faves right now.  We can't use Alice b/c DH and I both work with BSC Alices, and we both like Juliet  lot but DH likes our #1 name a little better.  

I also like Seamus a lot but it sounds silly with our last name.

BFP#1 - 08/30/09 - m/c - 10/2/09 7w4d
    BFP #2 - 11/4/09 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My Book Blog
  • Options

My new favourite "unusual" girl's name is Briony.  I read Atonement this past summer and fell in love with this name.  DH hates it.  I would also use Harper or Cordelia if I could convince him.

I don't think I like any unusual boy names.

• Options

Poppy,

~Kati~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Elspeth, Barnaby, Oscar and Poppy
  • Options
    Penelope or Sebastian
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imagechristykell:
    Penelope or Sebastian

Love those!

• Options
    I love place names- Memphis, Cheyenne, Dallas, Denver, London, Dublin, Juneau, Alabama... 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Girls: Dagny, Faye, Laurel, Adair

Boys: Holden, Jackson, Adlai

• Options

DH nixed Sadie. Sad

Eleanor was his Grandmother's name, and I would use it, but it's considered too "old lady" these days.. we may go with Nora if we ever have a girl.

DH loves Alexander, and I would use it for a boy, but shortened to Xander. He looked at me like I was an alien when I suggested it.

Sigh.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    imagePhilsWife07:
    imagexabbyx:

I love Harper.

I had a friend in elementary school named Anouk. I haven't heard that name in years!

Isn't Anouk the name of the little girl in Chocolat? I love it!

I also really like Alba-but I've asked about it on this board before and almost everyone (including DH) gave it the thumbs down  :(

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    imageBostonGayGal:

Or, what are the most unique names you like, even if you wouldn't use them? 

I love Silas.

Fern, Raven, Sparrow, Lola, Harper, Scout, Eloise (but I might use that one)

Silas is our #1 boy name. We were going to use it, no matter what anyone else thought about it, but we're having a girl. I think Eloise is gorgeous! Harper seems to be getting popular but I think it's really cute.

• Options
    imageBostonGayGal:

Eloise (but I might use that one)

I'm a fan of Eloise :P. For the record, most people say that they like it. Either that or they say "Oh. You can call her Ellie." LOL. 

• Options
    Antonina, Xandrine, Sebastien, Ezra, Rhiannon, Mireille
  • Options
    imageSarahL77:

DH nixed Sadie. Sad

Eleanor was his Grandmother's name, and I would use it, but it's considered too "old lady" these days.. we may go with Nora if we ever have a girl.

DH loves Alexander, and I would use it for a boy, but shortened to Xander. He looked at me like I was an alien when I suggested it.

Sigh.

Xander is my DS's mn - I LOVE it! I also love Nora/Norah :)

• Options
    imageDevonPow:

Yes! This!

I liked Isabella, but then it would be Bella and I hate Kristen Stewart. Bleh.

I like Isobel too, but then there's the Grey's Anatomy...

• Options

Sable Rene' has been my favorite name since I was 11 years old. That's my DD's name. I don't care if anyone else likes it or not. It;s easy to spell say and remember and it's French (my parents are from there).

The boy name I like is Clifton Michael (grandpas name was Clifton Mountain Hills).

• Options

Adelaide. I love this name, but DH wants nothing to do with it.

Henry, but everyone in my family strongly dislikes it.... It's still on our list though.

• Options
    Buster, for a boy. After Buster Keaton. DH and I used to say that was our boy name, but when we're talking about an actual person, it just seems too out there.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers www.foreverfactor.blogspot.com
  • Options

Xiomara.

I honestly don't care what 99% of the population thinks of this name, but my mother particularly dislikes it because it was her pet bunny's name when she was a kid!

This is why I hate it when people use people names for pets.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Girl: Aurora (but my husband can't seem to prounounce it right --- or at least that is his excuse).

Boy: Donovan (my husband hates it!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"