New Jersey Babies

Hoboken Moms

Are there any Hoboken moms-to-be out there?  I'm expecting my first child in February.

Re: Hoboken Moms

• me too!!  I'd love to meet some other moms!  Would you be interested in meeting up?
  • When are you expecting and is this your first baby?  I'm due in February 2010 and this is my first child.
  • Loading the player...
  • my due date is feb 1st and it's my first child too.  i'm having a boy, what about you?
  • I'm having a boy as well. Due date is Feb. 22.  Is your doctor in Hoboken? Mine is in NYC and I'm in the process of trying to switch to a doctor in Hoboken.  
  • My doctor is NYC.  I felt more comfortable delivering in the city as I've only heard bad things about the hospital in Hoboken.  That's only word of mouth though, not from personal experience.
  • Have you started taking any childbirth classes yet?  Are you planning on taking them in the city?  I think they suggest taking them next month, but Dec. gets so busy with the holidays and all.  What are your thoughts?
  • My doctor runs them out of her office, so I'm taking hers.  She recommended it for December.  It's only a one day couple hour kind of thing though.  I imagined it longer and more sessions...

What are you doing? 

• I work with someone who is in the middle of her classes in NYC and she said they have 4 classes, 2 hrs. each.  Is the class at your doctors office just breathing or does it include everything?  I see Hoboken University Medical Center has classes each month (see info. below).  

Let me know if you want to get together for coffee sometime.  It'd be nice to know another mom in Hoboken with a baby boys only be a few weeks apart. 

Childbirth Education
    Tuesdays, December 1, 8 & 15; Time: 6:30 pm to 9 pm

Fee $100 for couples delivering at Hoboken University Medical Center, all others $125 per couple.  Weekly series includes labor and delivery education but includes more information on; Lamaze breathing and support techniques, information on the postpartum period and basic needs of infants including feeding, bathing, dressing, safety and immunizations. 

• I would love to get together for coffee, what about next week sometime?  Do you work?

Those classes sound pretty good... a lot more like I imagined.  Maybe I'll sign up for some separate ones.  I know I want to take the CPR class they offer at the hospital. 

• Hi -

Great, let's plan to get together sometime next week. I just sent you a message, sorry I didn't reply earlier, I didn't know how the email worked here.  

Are you planning on getting the H1N1 Swine Flu vaccination?  If so, PromptMd (on first between Willow and Clinton) has a supply for pregnant women and kids up to 6 mos.  It cost $24 and you can just walk in to get it. I got mine tonight and only had to wait about 15 min.

• that'sa good tip about Prompt md. thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"