Health & Exercise

is it too late to start exercising?

Hi girls! Pre-pregnancy, I was pretty active and in shape. But once I got my bfp, I stopped exercising bc I was afraid of losing my baby bc of infertility/previous miscarriage. I am now 33 weeks, and severely out of shape. I would really like to do some exercise to feel better, but Im afraid that Bc I havent exercised at all that it will hurt the baby now. I was thinking of just a daily walk, what do you girls think? do you have any other ideas? (fyi: to get to my apt. i have to climb 4 large flights of stairs, Im so out of shape that I normally have to take them very slowly, And occasionally take a break, and I still end up with burning legs And sounding/feeling like im having an asthma attack. I dont have asthma though.)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: is it too late to start exercising?

• A walk or light yoga is always ok.
  • Walking would be fine, or a stationary bike. I'd also suggest *easy* bodyweight exercises like squats (don't go past parallel because of your loose ligaments), wall pushups, step ups, etc.

Next time don't be afraid to keep up the exercise! Exercise does not cause miscarriage! I understand the worry, because I've had 2 miscarriages, but really, exercise doesn't cause them.?

• Loading the player...
  • I swam and walked at the end of my pregnancy.  I felt so out of breath b/c LO was squishing everything into my chest, but take it easy and don't worry about hurting your baby  :)

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Walking, Yoga and Water Aerobics are the best.
  • Talk walks everyday or every other and build up.. GL

Dx Endometriosis & MTHFR (2) Mutations 1st IUI BFP!! Beta& Pro levels low taking Endometrin vaginal inserts & b/w every 2 days... 9/12/09 Spontaneous Miscarriage @ 5.5 weeks AF arrivied 10/11/09 (30 days after m/c) 2nd IUI 10/24/09 BFP!! 11/6/09 1st Beta 8, 2nd Beta 28 3rd beta 51, 4TH Beta 327! & 5th Beta 800 , 6th Beta 338 :(on Endometrin vaginal inserts 200 mg twice a day, 2nd M/C 11/25/09 Starting taking BA, 5mg Folic acid, b12 & b9 along with prenatal. Hopefully this will help! M/C 11/25/09 AF SHOWED 26 DAYS AFTER MC, 3RD IUI SCHEDULED FOR 1/4/10 GOD PLEASE GRANT ME MY WISH! 3RD IUI =BFN 4th IUI on 2/2/10 in the 2WW Please let this be it. Keeping fingers crossed. 2/16/10 = BFP! 1st Beta 146, 2nd Beta 510, 3rd Beta 1808 & Pro 35, 4th Beta 12,000 & Pro 28, 3/2/10 1st u/s poss 2 sacs 1 hb @ 117!!! yay! Praying this is our sticky baby! We love you Baby! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi there,

It is not too late to start, just check with your doctor that you don?t have any contraindications to exercise while pregnant. I know how it feels though, I didn?t have a miscarriage, but I was so sick during my first trimester that I just couldn?t get myself to workout regularly! ? and I am a personal trainer/instructor who specialize in pre and postnatal exercise! And I keep preaching that exercise can (among other things) help with just that, nausea. I think what is important to remember is that all pregnant women and pregnancies are different (I was hardly ever sick with my first child), and that you need to listen to your body. Like the other ladies suggested ? walking is a great way to exercise and start building your cardio back up again. Since it has been some time since you last exercised make sure to pick it up gradually, and listen to your body. Make sure to hydrate adequately, and know the warning signs when to stop exercising and contact your doctor. I have them all listed on my website www.sweatfitness.net

Good luck with your exercise, and your pregnancy!

Mia

• Walking is good. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"