Toronto Babies
Options

Mat leave

I've been TTC for almost a year and I'm now thinking about switching jobs.  Does anyone know what my maternity benefits would be if I got prenant in my first month (cause that would be my luck).

Also, how much does EI actually give you? 

Re: Mat leave

• Options
    imageR4B:

I've been TTC for almost a year and I'm now thinking about switching jobs.  Does anyone know what my maternity benefits would be if I got prenant in my first month (cause that would be my luck).

Also, how much does EI actually give you? 

You have to be careful when switching jobs.  Your EI may not carry over from one job to another.  I would call your HR department to find out how that would work.

You also have to work (I think) 600 hours to qualify for maternity benefits from EI. 

EI is roughly 375 a week. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

My mat leave carried over from a couple different jobs, you just have to work 600 hours over 52 weeks, total. (I worked two jobs at the same time when I was pg). EI gives you 60% of your income, unless your are low-income, then I think they bump it.

Here is the website where I applied for EI online. You can't submit your application until you have actually stopped working, though, which is kind of annoying.

https://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sc/ei/benefits/maternityparental.shtml

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    imageCalinsBride:

My mat leave carried over from a couple different jobs, you just have to work 600 hours over 52 weeks, total. (I worked two jobs at the same time when I was pg). EI gives you 60% of your income, unless your are low-income, then I think they bump it.

Here is the website where I applied for EI online. You can't submit your application until you have actually stopped working, though, which is kind of annoying.

https://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sc/ei/benefits/maternityparental.shtml

it's actually 55% of about 40,000.  If you make more than that, you take quite the paycut.  Not that I'm complaining, but you get my point.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"