Pennsylvania Babies

*LClaire*

Hi Lillian! I wanted to let you know that we got our first order of cloth diapers in today - which included an order of the Econobum kit that you had told us about. We figured we would order one kit (12 one size PFs and 3 one-size covers) and give them a try. We haven't received our Thirsties covers yet, so I have nothing to compare them to as far as quality. The covers seem a bit thinner than the Thirsties from what I remember, but we'll have to see once we have them here to compare and can actually try them out!

We've also ordered additional prefolds, covers, Kissaluvs (also got those today), and a few AIO's. We've been ordering a few each week, so now I can start the washing process!

Have you heard anymore feedback on the Econobums? 

Re: *LClaire*

• Also might add that the Econobum one-size covers seem like they would be way too big for a newborn. We kind of thought this might happen though and took that in to consideration when ordering the Thirsties. They seem HUGE compared to the tiny Kissaluvs size 0!
  • YAY YAY YAY! So fun - new diapers! Aren't they so teeny? Let me know if you need any info at all - what to wash/how many times/etc. Anything!

Which AIOs did you get? I really liked having our few xs bumgenius AIOs when Nick was tiny - they were just so cute and really easy to use in the diaper bag, etc. They're also really easy to re-sell, so you can at least make money back on them when she outgrows them.

The Econobum - I've heard that people are liking them as just a really basic diaper. I want to order some of the Flip to see how they are since we could use the prefolds we already have with those and do double duty. 

Here's a ton of feedback on both Flip and Econobum(including pics) *but be warned* - this site it TOTALLY addicting, so don't let yourself get sucked in;)The owner of Cotton Babies actually responds to a few questions in the post(wildflowerjenn). On page 2 there's a pic of the Econobums on a 10lb 2 month old so that you can see it on a little one.

• Loading the player...
  • Wow, that site is addicting! I'm exhausted, should be in bed, so I'm forcing myself to stop :)  Now that I'm reading more, I almost wish I would have gone with the Flip instead - although really, they seem so similar, except that I guess I can't wipe out the cover of the Econobum? Wouldn't it make sense to make all covers just wipe out and reuse? That way we could reuse more, wash less? I didn't find as much feedback on the Econobum, I'll have to hunt for some more. Does Cottonbabies have a return policy? Although I know we'd use them, can you ever have too many cloth diapers? :)

We ordered some BumGenius 3.0 AIO's. I think we got a few smalls and just one XS, but we're planning on ordering more XS's. We'll probably use these primarily for daycare.

In the meantime, what can I wash together? Can I wash prefolds and Kissaluvs together or should they be done seperately? And I think I had read that prefolds need 7-10 washes first? Not to sound dumb (which I probably am since I'm new at all of this!) but I can just keep rewashing and not dry each time, right? Or do I need to do a dry cycle as well?

Thanks, this is such a learning curve, and we haven't even started practicing to fold yet! :( 

• One more - are they marketing just the Flip covers alone, or only with the inserts? I guess instead of buying the kit we could buy several of the individual Flips, and use all of our prefolds as you said.
  • Here's the CB rtn policy - https://www.cottonbabies.com/info.php#returns

They're really really helpful. They also have AWESOME customer service, so if you ever have a question and want/need an immediate answer, they're a great resource. I think the Econobum is definitely good to go with wiping it out - it must be if you can reuse it with the prefolds, so I definitely wouldn't worry on that. They don't need to be washed with each use if that's what you were thinking.  Washing together - the kissaluvs and the prefolds can all be washed together. They all need to be prepped, but 7-10 is a lot. 3-5 at the most is plenty. The drying helps to get the layers all separated and quilted(that builds the absorbency), but you don't really need to do it each time. I'd do 2 wash cycles, then dry. Then 2 more wash cycles, then dry and you should be good to go after that. They might increase in absorbency a bit with the next few washings once she starts using them, but it's no big deal at all since you change a newborn so frequently.Your covers and AIOs just need one wash and dry to make sure any ickies are washed off.

The Flip covers - they have a Facebook page and if they can get 500 votes from people who want to buy just covers, they'll make them available.

• Thanks for the advice! I'm glad that you think 3-5 times is enough, I couldn't imagine having to do 7-10 cycles just for prep! 

I think we'll keep the econobum kit - and I'll be voting for the Flip covers! I'm sure they'll get their 500 soon! 

• imagebridz2be:

Thanks for the advice! I'm glad that you think 3-5 times is enough, I couldn't imagine having to do 7-10 cycles just for prep! 

I think we'll keep the econobum kit - and I'll be voting for the Flip covers! I'm sure they'll get their 500 soon! 

They got the votes:) They're figuring out the production info, so it might be a bit, but they will be available - YAY! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"