3rd Trimester
Options

baby stuff - returns without receipt?

So, my mom and I went through all my shower gifts yesterday and I have a good amount of returns/exchanges.  Some people gave gift receipets, but alas, others did not.  I have no idea where they bought their stuff - i.e. BRU or Target or actually at a Carters store.  I'm kind of thinking I should try to return everything with no receipt to Target first, since store credit could be used on a wider variety of things (not necessarily baby stuff!).  Thoughts, suggestions?

By the way, the BRU gift receipts stink!  Half the time, item numbers on the receipt DO NOT match the numbers on the item, even though I KNOW it's the receipt for that gift.

Re: baby stuff - returns without receipt?

• Options

I just returned at BRU yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. Any clothes I wanted to return that were Carter's I took to BRU, and it worked. I also returned stuff that I didn't register for and didn't have receipts for. Shockingly, we got back $380.95 in store credit. Not expecting that at all!

I got SO many duplicates. 4 bathtubs. 8 duck towel sets. And so on.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Good luck trying Target with no receipts!  They are probably one of the hardest places to return anything.

If you want to try somewhere that's not just baby stuff - I'd try Walmart before Target.

Without a receipt at BRU, the item will need to be on your registry.  Add it to your registry and update the item as purchased.  Some stores are more picky than others, but most will let you return things by using your registry as a "receipt."

ds #1 | our perfect miracle born 39w1d | 12.9.2009 loss #1 | natural m/c 7/2010 (~8w) loss #2 | chemical pregnancy 6/2011 (4w4d) loss #3 | chemical pregnancy 7/2011 (4w3d) loss #4 | natural m/c 11/2011 (10w1d) RPL Testing 12/2011. Results 100% normal. ds #2 | our 2nd perfect miracle born 36w3d | 12.31.2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was completely annoyed with BRU last week. I bought a coming-home outfit for LO a couple of months ago and the receipt was long gone. I bought "newborn" size and it only went up to 8 pounds. My last ultrasound showed LO at over 7 pounds at 34 weeks, so I figured I should get the 3 month size. When I took it back to BRU, they would only give me the "lowest sale price," so despite the fact that I exchanged one for one, I lost $3.  Not the end of the world, but I thought when they scanned it back it, they could see what I paid for it???

Maybe the experience sucked because I was buying something for someone else's registry and the clerk was totally rude.  When I informed her that item was coming off a registry, she ignored me.  I asked her when the transaction was over who I needed to give the registry information to, and she "wrote it down."  Yupper, never came off the registry.  I had to call BRU and request it taken off.  Blech.  

• Options

If you try to take things to Target without a receipt you'll be S.O.L they are literally the WORST at returns. I was told with no receipt they can only give you up to $75 or something?? When you have things like baby monitors, that doesn't really work. They honestly told me to call the person who gifted it and get their CREDIT CARD # over the phone!! R u kidding me!

Next suckiest is BRU, you can add items to you registry and attempt to return them but it only works if the SKU matches their store.

All stores carry different SKU's, so one Walmart may have a different SKU than another Walmart, giant PITA. AND online only items can NOT be returned to the store (this was true everywhere we went)

What else did I learn in our nightmare trying to return things.... well we looked up everything online and found the stores that carried our exact product and then had to do trial and error going to each place to see who's store would accept the SKU on our product. It sucked but we managed to return about 85% of stuff...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Broken boob FFing, babywearing, co-sleeping, PPD warrior,colic survivor, proud WAHM! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Momma Maven In The Making!
  • Options
    We have one thing (a floor playmat) that we got as a gift and have NO idea where it came from.  I tried Target, BRU and Wal-Mart.  I think it probably came from Amazon or something and we're not going to be able to take it back.  We really don't need it.
  • Options

Oh yes I forgot about the lowest sale price thing, if you don't have a receipt they'll only give you the sale price on the item.

Also Kohls was actually the EASIEST place to take things back... I'll try to dig up the post I made after doing all of this, here you go!

https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/22067979.aspx

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Broken boob FFing, babywearing, co-sleeping, PPD warrior,colic survivor, proud WAHM! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagefarrellashleigh:

Oh yes I forgot about the lowest sale price thing, if you don't have a receipt they'll only give you the sale price on the item.

Also Kohls was actually the EASIEST place to take things back... I'll try to dig up the post I made after doing all of this, here you go!

https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/22067979.aspx

Many thanks for your advice.  This whole process is so upsetting!  I always give gift receipts and it just makes me more certain that I must always do that.  Don't people know they are just throwing money away when the recipient can't return things or only gets a fraction of the price!  It's not that I'm ungrateful - but, as an example, I got 29 neutral receiving blankets!

• Options
    imageEngaged1224:
    imagefarrellashleigh:

Many thanks for your advice.  This whole process is so upsetting!  I always give gift receipts and it just makes me more certain that I must always do that.  Don't people know they are just throwing money away when the recipient can't return things or only gets a fraction of the price!  It's not that I'm ungrateful - but, as an example, I got 29 neutral receiving blankets!

Yep I totally hear you, we ended up with about 20 newborn Carter's sleepers and NONE, I mean NONE had receipts, on top of a million other things... made for an exhausting 3 days of trying to return things! But luckily our hardwork paid off and we ended up with about $300 worth of store credit for Walmart, $100 at Target, and $100 at Kohls so we were able to complete our registry and then some!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"