Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Daycare / Montessori / Preschool

Can anyone suggest a great preschool, montessori, Mother's Day Out, or part time daycare in Plano?  Frisco? 

Anyone have a good suggestion for a stay at home mom's group in Plano or Frisco? 

Re: Daycare / Montessori / Preschool

• Options

No one has resopnded, so I'll give my nasty opinion.

I call Montessori kids, wall lickers. Except for Addy.

Because, she is obviously exceptional. And she had to switch.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LOL - what does wall licker mean?  I can't decide if you really want recs or not because you go from full time care to stay at home mom's groups?  Are you thinking about going back to work or something?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DS is a wall licker. His school is in Dallas though. We liked Primrose OK, but it's really expensive.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ds goes to North Star and I love it, could not say enough great things about it. It is on the East side of 75, North of George Bush. The kids are always doing something, making something, outside playing etc.... My DS is in the 6-12 month class and they are taking them for stroller rides when the weather is great outside, if not they stroll inside. They have a inside gym that they also play it. Each month DS is brining home a cute art project. This month it was his feet on black paper to look like ghost.?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    imageJessibell:

No one has resopnded, so I'll give my nasty opinion.

I call Montessori kids, wall lickers. Except for Addy.

Because, she is obviously exceptional. And she had to switch.

Boo @ wall lickers! :) I LOOOOOOVE our school, Montessori Academy at Westridge. I was kinda side eyed about Montessori in the beginning but Addy has REALLY done well in this school. The teachers are wonderful and the price isn't through the roof. It is located on the Frisco/McKinney border. Addy has learned soo much here and loves it.
    DD#1 is such a big girl! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Couldn't find any information on North Star - do you have a website?
  • Options

I will be staying at home when we first move, but am not 100% certain I want to stay at home long term.  So I want to find a school that has a great part time program, but also offers full time, without costing a ton. 

I ask about stay at home mom groups because I know it's  lot of work to be at home and want to be sure my kids get out to socialize enough.  Right now we use full time daycare, so it's a big change. 

Thanks for the recommendations.  I am going to look them up. 

What is a wall licker???  My husband says montessori means "no discipline" but I found one here (was not looking for one) that I LOVE.  On the three year wait list but looks like it does not matter now. 

• Options
    My DS is at Merryhill School of Plano.  We like it a lot.  There is also a Frisco and McKinney location.  Not quite sure which area you're looking for since Plano is pretty big.
  • Options
    It is a little pricey but if you can afford it the Frisco Creme de le Creme is an awesome school. The staff is friendly and very attentive. They do have a uniform dress code for students but it does not apply until there are in the two classroom. I believe that full time infants range anywhere from 300-400 a week I would guess part time may be around half. If you do go an speak with Brenda the director she is wonderful and has a tru compassion for children.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"