Detroit Babies

Midwife rave!!!

I met w/ Patricia Scane for the 1st time on Tuesday.  She was A-MA-ZING.  I seriously wanted to hug her!  She immediately made me feel so calm.  I am so ridiculously pumped to have this baby now!!!  :)  She is out of Henry Ford (only delivers @ West Bloomfield).  I went to the Troy location for my appointment, but can schedule appointments @ West Bloomfield to meet the other midwives, too.  All (there are 5) have either homebirth or birthing center experience or both.  Patricia used to deliver out of Providence & the ABC but was asked to look @ West Bloomfield's new L&D & fell in love w/it.  I've never been to it so I'm super excited.  I guess all the rooms were designed after alternative birthing suites & each has it's own whirlpool tub. 

Also, Patricia was super supportive about my wanting a VBAC (WHOO!!!).  I cannot wait till my next appointment w/ her!

Oh& the best part- our BIG u/s is scheduled!  Yay!  November 23rd!  There were several locations we could go to but I wanted to go to West Bloomfield since I've never been there.  Hopefully, DH & I can check out the hospital while we're there.  We're going to go in January for their "Baby Shower", where patients come in for a tour & to ask questions.  :)

Re: Midwife rave!!!

• Glad to hear that you have found somebody you are finally happy with. 23rd will be here before you know it.
  • I also have am seeing a mid-wife out of HFWB, Lynn Rife, and have been happy with her!
  • Loading the player...
  • I love, love, love Trish!  She is the best and you will get several hugs from her!  I have been seeing her for a few years and she has helped me through some serious situations.  Glad you found her!
  • Good for you!  I'm a Metro Partners patient and heard lots of god things about her when I was looking into them.  Glad she's still in the area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"