High-Risk Pregnancy

Placenta Previa?

I went to the 18-week US and it looks as if my placenta is a bit low.  The nurse practitioner said it technically is a placenta previa, but that they don't like to diagnose this early because they tend to grow upward as the uterus grows, out of the way of the cervix.  Has this happened to anyone else?  I am trying not to worry as we are still fairly early on in the second trimester, but it raises my curiosity.  TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Photobucket

Re: Placenta Previa?

• Mine was diagnosed at 20 weeks as a partial previa, at 28 weeks as a marginal previa, I had bleeding at 29 weeks and a 3 day hospital stay, bedrest, it resolved at 33.5 weeks, got taken off bedrest the next day, and then was in the hospital for PTL. 

But the good news is the previa resolved.  GL to you!!!

BabyFetus Ticker
    Our family is growing by two feet and we couldn't be happier!  
    BFP 6/12/14, EDD 2/20/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Kylee Elizabeth 11/19/09
    Shane Edward 8/18/06

Married the love of my life 1/7/06

• With my first I had a complete previa at my 20 week ultrasound.  I was put on pelvic rest and at a 28 week ultrasound everything was where it should be.  My doc said something like 90% or previas resolve themselves.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Loading the player...
  • I had previa with my last pg and it resolved itself, I also had it in the beginning with this one and it has resolved itself already.
  • I found out at my last u/s that I have partial Placenta Previa.  I have started spotting here and there.  I am NOT one for bed rest so I hope it sorts itself out.  I'm 39 and this is my first pregnancy.  Fingers crossed!!!!!
  • try not to stress out i was told i have complete previa and it may or may not move. There is nothing they can do about it so sadly you just have to wait it out. If it makes you feel any better i had an U/S at 26 weeks she check and see if it's moving and it is. I'm not close to being the 2cm clear of my cervix that i have to be but atleast it's going some where. good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"