High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Newbie GD..

I would like someone to look at what I have eaten today.. I dont meet with my doc till Tuesday and who knows when I go to the nutritionist..

Breakfast- 2egg whites 1reg scrambled with 1 slice of cheese, wheat toast with butter.

Snack-Small Banana

Lunch-2 slices wheat with turkey, cheese, lett, tom, mustard

Snack-Apple, Cottage cheese

Dinner-5 oz grilled chichen, 1 cup steamed broccoli, 1/2 sweet potatoe w/margarine..

Snack-Will have sugar free jello

I had a slight headache all day... But am I on the right track?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers After years of struggling with infertility issues (PCOS since I was 16) and 15 medicated cycles we finally got blessed with our son. We got lucky with our 7th IUI using stims...Now we are back on the roller coaster to try for another miracle..IVF cycle in May resulted in a chemical pregnancy. 2 snowbabies FET 7/16-transferred 2 blastocyst...Faint bfp 4dp5dt! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Newbie GD..

• Options
    I'm still pretty new with this but it looks good to me - though I think you should add some protein to your banana snack as well as your bedtime snack.  From what I understand (and again I'm new), you want some protein (cheese, meat) along with carb snacks.  GL on Tuesday!
    click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Sugarfree Jello is a free food and I would add something to that. My understanding is to balance the carbs with protein. My daughter is restricted to 45 carb meals and 15 carb snacks (insulin dependent) if we get too few carbs it messes up the ketones. Otherwise looks great...my daughter started out under weight and at 34 weeks weigh 122 pounds so we are pretty free with meat, cheese and eggs, jello and try to keep carbs pretty exact. There are plenty of options to keep her full but like I said we don't have to watch weight at all...she still has lost 4 pounds in the last eight weeks though.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Add protein to your banana snack- I like to slather on some pb when I splurge on a banana (keep in mind a whole banana is 30g of carbs too- just to eat that much w/out protein is asking for it.)

Same with your sugar free jello- I don't even know that it has a single carb in it- if you don't give your body carbs, it'll create it's own, and you don't want that happening. Go for a sugar free pudding instead (which has carbs b/c of the milk) and some sort of protein (again, I like peanut butter for this- I get 30 g of carb for my night time snack, and one of my favorite snacks is pb on graham cracker w/ chocolate pudding- tastes just like a tagalong!).

You need to push to meet with a nutritionist/dietician- the sooner you get your diet under control, the better you'll feel!

• Options
    Looks like a great day. I hope your numbers cooperate once you see the Dr. for testing :)  GL!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"