D.C. Area Babies

Well, he gained a pound!

So I guess I stuffed DS with enough food this week. :) (See the weekly check-in for why I was concerned)

DS's 18 month stats are 22 lbs 4 oz and 31.5 inches tall.  He's a little guy, but he's doing great!

Also, I HIGHLY recommend getting a toy doctor's kit for your kid if they are scared of the doctor's office.  DS has been scared of it since he was 9 months old, and after his 15 month checkup, we decided that we needed to do something about it.  He wasn't scared at all during any part of the exam.  He even wanted to wear the stethescope!

Re: Well, he gained a pound!

• that's great news!
  • my *almost* 6 month old weighs three pounds less than your 18 month old!Tongue Tied oh my....

• Loading the player...
  • That's great!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My 18 month old is in the 8th percentile, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.  Big Smile

Your DS will slow down on the weight gain once he starts moving too.  He's a cute little guy!

• imageAgrippa:

My 18 month old is in the 8th percentile, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.  Big Smile

Your DS will slow down on the weight gain once he starts moving too.  He's a cute little guy!

DS is in the 95th+ percentile, so I guess it all equals out. I'm always looking at your DS thinking "that's where we'll be about this time next year", esp when you post the side-by-sides and we see how much he's grown!

Are you coming to the next GTG?

• Yay!  I have a good friend whose baby is in the real low percentiles.  She adds cream to her DDs whole milk. It's so foreign to me to be concerned about gaining enough weight.  I've always been on the other side of the equation.
  • imagekcita_234:
    imageAgrippa:

My 18 month old is in the 8th percentile, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.  Big Smile

DS is in the 95th+ percentile, so I guess it all equals out. I'm always looking at your DS thinking "that's where we'll be about this time next year", esp when you post the side-by-sides and we see how much he's grown!

Are you coming to the next GTG?

I haven't decided about the GTG yet.  We've been really busy lately, and I'm starting to feel guilty that DH hasn't had any free time of his own.  I might send him out of the house for a guys night instead.

• Yeah! That's good news. I know you were worried about that.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That's great news!  My DD will probably be about the same size as your DS.  We both have peanuts.  DD is 21 lbs 4 oz right now.  Are you still going to ALL peds?  Are you still liking them? 
  • imageAnnaBananaBelle:
    That's great news!  My DD will probably be about the same size as your DS.  We both have peanuts.  DD is 21 lbs 4 oz right now.  Are you still going to ALL peds?  Are you still liking them? 

We are still going to ALL peds.  I do like them!  While in some ways I miss what I had as a kid--a single doctor with a few nurses that all knew me--I have no complaints about the practice and have been happy with everyone that has seen DS.  

• My 17 month old is less than 1st percentile :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageFutureMrsHall06:
    My 17 month old is less than 1st percentile :(

I'm sorry.  DS has been there too.  I know it's really stressful.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"