Adoption
Options

Foster Parents - ever google?

Anyone ever google the bio parents of your foster children? 

I just did on a whim and what I found was not good - not good at all.  Some stuff I knew, LOTS of stuff that I did not.

Since it is public stuff, I am going to print it all out and put in his file.

Anyone ever google and get not so nice results?

Re: Foster Parents - ever google?

• Options
    I never thought about it!  I don't know if I dare.  What I know already is pretty grim.  Oldest DS's BF is in prison for throwing DS's younger half sister (About 6 weeks old at the time) against a wall.  The child almost died and is now brain-damaged.  She was in FC for a while but the contact I had for info isn't speaking to me right now. I don't know if I could handle learning about anything else.  The only reason I know about this is because it was on the local news and I recognized him from meeting him just once even before the anchor man read his name.
    dd(Brianna) 11/01/94, ds(Bram)10/17/95, ds(Jesse)9/26/97, dd (Annie Ruth) 7/27/05 5mc Jan '08, May '08, Feb '09, Sept '09, Apr '11 "And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one weak creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up." - Charles Dickens

PAL/PGAL Welcome

• Options

I do it all the time.  I find them in and out of prison.  I found out their criminal histories.  It's useful for me to know what, if any, safety issues we may have since we continue to do visitation.

I just discovered my former fosterchild's parent is a fugitive.  Former fosterchild comes and stays with us about 4-5 days a week.  So so sad.  She's not being removed since dad is not in trouble with the law.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    image2bWednDec:

I do it all the time.  I find them in and out of prison.  I found out their criminal histories.  It's useful for me to know what, if any, safety issues we may have since we continue to do visitation.

is there a free site that I could find criminal history?  What I found was just newspaper articles.

• Options
    I finally did late last night because I was dying of curiosity.  I only found 1 of the five  and that was the one I already knew about.  I did learn that  the state police went looking for him and couldn't find him.  They found him four months later in LA and extradited to KY.
    dd(Brianna) 11/01/94, ds(Bram)10/17/95, ds(Jesse)9/26/97, dd (Annie Ruth) 7/27/05 5mc Jan '08, May '08, Feb '09, Sept '09, Apr '11 "And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one weak creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up." - Charles Dickens

PAL/PGAL Welcome

• Options
    Absolutely! MySpace was my friend when our first little girl left. I've seen pictures of her since she left.
  • Options
    Is it bad that I google my DD's BM and BF????  I think we are just human and like to know...we can't help ourselves haha!

"I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two. -Bob Constantine

"All for Love,' a Saviour prayed 'Abba Father have Your way. Though they know not what they do...Let the Cross draw men to You...."

• Options
    imageMyColonyNJ:
    image2bWednDec:

is there a free site that I could find criminal history?  What I found was just newspaper articles.

The criminal histories are accessed free online in the county the birthparents were living in (nearby county to me).  I just accessed the county court website and can search a database.  But in my county, it actually has a nominal fee to lookup, again through the county court website.  But in my county and also their county, it's free to look up inmates in the jail system and if they were in jail recently, it links to their charges, release dates, etc. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"