Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

I'm Lost! - Crib!!

I'm at the beginning stages of thinking what I will do with the nursery, but feel like I can't decide anything until I know what crib I'll be getting. I've been searching online like crazy, and looked at BRU, but I'm totally lost in finding one and am wondering if anyone has some advice, or the perfect crib to recommend! Thank you in advance!!

I'm 5'9" so I'm looking for a crib that's relatively tall (40-43" in height) yet I have a smaller nursery, so some cribs I've seen that are 55" long (wide) seem insanely large! I also am looking for stationary sides, prefer it to be convertible and am not crazy about the "headboard"-style that goes against the wall...I prefer the same height on all sides.

For example, a crib I love is the AP Industries Lollipop crib (here: https://www.albeebaby.com/ap-industries-lollipop-crib.html) but it's really short (35 1/4").  

Can you help?? Thanks again!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'm Lost! - Crib!!

• Options
    have you checked jcpenney.com or local baby furniture stores (if you have any)? They might be more what you're looking for. Also Pottery Barn Kids Kendall crib is 399 and sounds like it might be more in line with the style you'd like.
  • Options

There are a couple of baby warehouses in MA worth checking out. I got my crib at Baby Furniture Warehouse in Reading and Braintree. They had about 100 different styles on display.

There is also a discount baby furniture store in New Bedford, although I can not think of the name right now.

Worth taking the drive IMO, since I like seeing and touching the quality before buying.

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'll check out those baby warehouses, thanks. I like to see & touch the stuff, too. Online is so weird sometimes.

Anna&Matt - I really like the Pottery Barn Kids Kendall crib, thank you. 

• Options
    Here is my advice, I am also 5'9". Most cribs I've found are all about the same height. The mattress raises and lowers based upon childs age and ability to escape. I LOVE the lowering sides because it saves your back a bit. I didn't go for a convertable crib because we have smaller bedrooms in our home and there is no way I can have my child in a full size bed as it would take up nearly the entire room. We decided to buy one crib that we'll continue to use for each child and then just purchase twin beds once they grow out of the crib. I have so many friends that ended up selling their convertable cribs for that reason, no room and they just never thought of it before hand. If you live in a house with large bedrooms or in an area where that is common, that's great. Its difficult in the Pacific NW to find homes with large bedrooms other than a huge master.
  • Options
    We went to a small local store and had great luck.  We went with Natart, the Madison collection. 
  • Options

imageLisiLynn:
    Here is my advice, I am also 5'9". Most cribs I've found are all about the same height. The mattress raises and lowers based upon childs age and ability to escape. I LOVE the lowering sides because it saves your back a bit. I didn't go for a convertable crib because we have smaller bedrooms in our home and there is no way I can have my child in a full size bed as it would take up nearly the entire room. We decided to buy one crib that we'll continue to use for each child and then just purchase twin beds once they grow out of the crib. I have so many friends that ended up selling their convertable cribs for that reason, no room and they just never thought of it before hand. If you live in a house with large bedrooms or in an area where that is common, that's great. Its difficult in the Pacific NW to find homes with large bedrooms other than a huge master.

thank you - this is helpful. Maybe we should reconsider the convertible kind...

• Options

imageAnna&Matt:
    have you checked jcpenney.com or local baby furniture stores (if you have any)? They might be more what you're looking for. Also Pottery Barn Kids Kendall crib is 399 and sounds like it might be more in line with the style you'd like.

We purchased the kendall crib last week and love it. It does convert to a toddler bed, but not a full size bed.  

• Options

I'm in the same boat as you.  Have been looking at cribs online and do not like the look when one side is higher than the others.  I don't know if you're set on white or if this crib comes in white, but I liked this one because it's dimensions are smaller but still 41" (a little shorter than what you have in mind, but seems tall for the "small" cribs I've spotted). 

https://www.albeebaby.com/ap-industries-lollipop-crib.html

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imagemrsfirefly:

I'm in the same boat as you.  Have been looking at cribs online and do not like the look when one side is higher than the others.  I don't know if you're set on white or if this crib comes in white, but I liked this one because it's dimensions are smaller but still 41" (a little shorter than what you have in mind, but seems tall for the "small" cribs I've spotted). 

Actually, now that I zoomed in on that crib, I can see that the back side is different than the front.  I don't like it so much any more!  Back to shopping!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imagemrsfirefly:
    imagemrsfirefly:

Actually, now that I zoomed in on that crib, I can see that the back side is different than the front.  I don't like it so much any more!  Back to shopping!

This is the crib I really liked, but when I look at the dimensions it says "54-1/4W x 30-1/2D x 35-1/4H in" so it seems too short...maybe I'm reading it wrong. I hope I am, because I do like this one, and my friend has it and loves it!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"