Secondary IF
Options

Do you drink alcohol during your 2 ww?

There are some 2 ww's where I have a drink here or there and then others where I don't...usually I go by my attitude. If I have a good feeling I will swear off the alcohol, other times I feel like I will be out and what is the harm in having a martini with dinner or whatever.  I tend to go back and forth on this; just wanted to see what others do...if it is one of those things you obsess over or not bother.  My PG with my daughter was a total surprise and before I knew I had a few drinks and rode all the roller coasters at the theme park. When I got PG last year before my m/c, I swore off the drinks and refused even before I got a BFP.  I am trying to figure out what I will do this month when I have dinner out next week.
Gabrielle & Ed - Married 10.22.05
Mommy to Stephanie Lena - 2.13.07 and Evan Ralph - 9.23.10
Angel Baby (m/c at 9 weeks) - 1.2.09

Christmas Card Picture - 2011
(aka: the only picture I could get of them together that was not blurry and had them both sitting still!)

Click here for My Bio

The Stephanie Song...click here to listen!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Do you drink alcohol during your 2 ww?

• Options
    A friend of mine was actually told by her RE that drinking a glass of red wine a few times per week during the 2ww is good, said something about increasing blood flow I don't remember exactly. I did drink a glass here and there during my 2ww.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options
    I don't, but I rarely drink, so I don't really have the opportunity to turn it down.  I am in the 2ww now, and I'm going to a party tonight - I might have a glass of wine, but like you said, it depends upon how I feel.
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Drink till it's pink.....I'm bad that way-especially during football season.  BeerStick out tongue
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I completely AGREE!!  I'm pretty sure if I gave up drinking during every 2 WW I'd be even MORE stressed than I already am which, in my opinion, would make the situation worse.  To each their own!
  • Options
    Yep. i won't stop until I see 2 pink lines.
    Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • Options

imageougrad1:
    Drink till it's pink.....  BeerStick out tongue

Yep, I had a nice good last time out the saturday before I found out on Sunday :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yep.  It would just add insult to injury when AF showed up if I didn't let myself, and that would have been a long wait cycle after cycle after cycle.  I always heard "drink til it's pink" too.  I had a glass of wine the night before my BFP with DD!
    Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Options
    I usually don't drink much anyway, but I suppose if I felt like drinking in my 2ww I would. I don't think I would get hammered though..
    Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options

imagevanmilkshake:
    I completely AGREE!!  I'm pretty sure if I gave up drinking during every 2 WW I'd be even MORE stressed than I already am which, in my opinion, would make the situation worse.  To each their own!

This.  I don't get sh** faced, mind you, but for as long as it takes for me to get pregnant, that is a long time of abstaining from something I don't do much anyway.  Plus it is a total tell at parties and get togethers.  Too much effort to explain if I'm not even pregnant.

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"