Two Under 2

Have no idea how I'll make it

when #2 gets here. DD is such a handful that I don't know how I will cope. Even at 10.5 months, she is so challenging. She fusses and cries all the time, she can't play by herself for more than a few minutes, and now she's decided that she doesn't need to nap anymore. I feel like my days are neverending. Most days Im counting down the hours until she goes to bed for the night. She will be 16 months when this one is born. How will I ever manage to take care of two of them?!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Have no idea how I'll make it

• I could have wrote this when DS was that age. He still is very demanding - napping right now thankfully.

I got lucky though and DD ended up being the calmest baby ever. I know it's not the case for everyone but maybe you will get lucky =)

I also think the older she gets the more independent she will become (hopefully). GL!!

• You've got 6 months before the baby comes.

In that time you can get her back on a sleep schedule.  Simply getting in the right amount of sleep will make a HUGE difference in her behavior.

Take some time now to read some parenting books so that you're armed with some good tools.

I highly recommend Parenting with Love and Logic (for toddlers -6 mos to 5 yrs).  My second favorite is Parenting the Strong Willed Child.  This is the one that gave me my FAVORITE tool for "playing" with DS with only my voice.  I was doing it all wrong.  One simple fix from this book made a huge difference in just 1 day.

Hang in there.

You CAN do this!

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Loading the player...
  • As someone who has lived through this, I relate to what you are saying.

You will do just fine. You will find strength that you didn't know you had. I also used a drop in daycare facility every once in a while. This helped me catch up on some sleep and DS #1 got to play with some kids his age.

A 16 month old is a completely different child than a 10 month old. She will be walking, talking, eating on her own, maybe putting on a few cloth items. 

Having two under two was the best weight loss plan. Carrying one and chasing the other. Get a good sling or wrap and you will be just fine.

• Caroline has remained like this from day one. I kept wishing she would get better but she has not...until this week! She has been wonderful.

Thank goodness I was blessed with an EASY #2.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"