Multiples

Do you use one of the Aquarium type crib soothers?

Hi everybody: I'm trying to decide between the Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Aquarium Crib Soother or the Baby Einstein Sea Dreams Lullaby Soother.

Have you used either of these? Did they help get your twin babies to fall asleep in their cribs? And when did you start using them?

Thanks so much for your help!

Re: Do you use one of the Aquarium type crib soothers?

• We have the baby neptune sea turtle made by Baby Einstein. We got it for my first dd and she loved it and the twins use it now and love it. I have found with my kids that water sounds are very soothing.
  • we have the fisher price one. they like it. gives them something to do while they are falling asleep. plus with them being in our room, i like the ocean sounds as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • We plan to use the fisher-price ones. I am torn because I have mobiles for each of the girls cribs but I've asked a similar post and a lot of the MoMs seemed to go with the soothers vs. the mobiles. I feel like the soothers are a better investment overall.

HTH

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we had two different FP aquarium soothers. the boys really liked the rainforest soother the best. :)
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • We have the FP Ocean Wonders Aquarium Crib Soother and the FP Rainforest Crib Soother.  IMO, I'd say that they are entertaining and a bit calming, but don't necessarily get them to sleep.  We put them in the cribs when they were about 5 months old.
    After 20 months TTC with PCOS, we were blessed with twins!
    They arrived at 36 weeks after PTL and bedrest for 14 weeks. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    imageimage
  • imageardilla:
    We have the FP Ocean Wonders Aquarium Crib Soother and the FP Rainforest Crib Soother.  IMO, I'd say that they are entertaining and a bit calming, but don't necessarily get them to sleep.  We put them in the cribs when they were about 5 months old.

We have these too

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have the Fisher-Price aquarium ones. We bought them when the boys were about 4 months old. They both LOVE them.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • I got the FP one and put it in DS's crib about 3 or 4 weeks ago when he was 2 months old & I was hoping it would get him to turn his head left (he has plagiocephaly). But, I found that with our crib (a Munire Newport convertible style crib), I could only put it on the short side of the crib b/c of the width of the wood trim at the top of the long side. At the time, he was short enough to sleep the 'short' way & started to kind of look at it,  but now he sleeps the long way & so it is useless to me unless I can rig a way to attach it safely to the long side. So I am looking into mobiles now. I wanted a projector thing but can't find one that will work in our room w/ the way it is set up & the ceiling fan. 

GL! 

• We have an older FP one I got used: https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Ocean-Wonders-Aquarium/dp/B00005YVRN/ref=pd_sim_ba_1

We also have the Rainforest one in the other crib.  My DD with the ocean one seems to like it better than the other one because there are things for her to play with.  Also, I think she likes crib soothers more in general.   I can't remember exactly when I put it in the crib, but probably around 4 or 5 months.  We also had the aquarium mobile which we had in the crib also.  Once we moved them to their own cribs around 7 months, we only used the crib soothers. 

2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• We have the Rainforest one in one crib but mostly use it to soothe them while I am bathing one baby or changing one.  We call it their tv.  I don't turn it on to put them down b/c it seems to distract them and keep them up.

The other crib has a light up musical mobile that my one baby loves but they other baby doens't even notice it.

I think it is trial and error so if you can buy them second hand or at a twin sale that is the best bet b/c they are kind of pricey.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"