Attachment Parenting
Options

Dude. What happened?

Where did all this negativity come from?  If this place was facebook I'd be giving lots of *don't likes*...Off to enjoy my family and hopefully tomorrow you'll all be in a better mood :)
my blog: mama quiere beso
Joaquin's hospital and Isela's birth center med & intervention free "hypnobabies" birth stories

Re: Dude. What happened?

• Options
    Lol. Maybe in real life everyone finally got tired of all the parenting-related judgement, and now we're all rebelling online?
    TTC #1 for one year with annovulation....
    Clomid Cycle #1: 50mg = BFP
    =Beautiful baby girl born May 23, 2009
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    TTC#2: BFP Cycle #1, no fertility meds!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I think this may explain things.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagehabsoilers:

Wow, that hurts, kind of. She wouldn't have been giving that gift basket to her friend unless her friend specifically said she wanted to parent that way. It's not a basket of guilt if that's what the person will be doing anyway.

And we are not self-righteous. This is the one board that (usually) is respectful and kind.  Sad

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • Options
    imageCalinsBride:
    imagehabsoilers:

Wow, that hurts, kind of. She wouldn't have been giving that gift basket to her friend unless her friend specifically said she wanted to parent that way. It's not a basket of guilt if that's what the person will be doing anyway.

And we are not self-righteous. This is the one board that (usually) is respectful and kind.  Sad

I agree. And I'm tired of trying to explain that to people.

• Options

So, the problem isn't that the person wanted to make an AP basket, just that the things in the basket aren't really AP? The "correct" post title should have been, "Gift basket for a friend who wants to CD, babywear, BF, and read"?

Huh. 

I do find the "you must be eco-friendly to be AP and vice versa" statement amusing.. because I am NOT exceptionally EF. I am cheap (thus the CDs) but not so much EF. 

• Options

I actually find this kind of thing enlightening. I post occasionally on a few other boards, and it goes a long way to showing me who is able to communicate like an adult, and whose opinions I value. Their opinions on parenting matter very little to me, but I do respect those who are able to just be decent human beings.

The rest I just mentally flush.

• Options

Oh. My.

I know I'm judgy, but sheesh.

AP = self-righteous and if you're not AP then you're a hostile parent?

GROAN.

Eye roll.

GROAN.

Do they want a pity party because we don't see eye to eye?

Whatev. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Eh, she is a negative person who is always stirring up the pot because she can.  She loves to argue and obviously missed her true calling as trial lawyer. She spends all her time telling everyone how they think wrong and makes fun at others expense.  I hate that.  Be funny but don't be rude.  She is nasty.

• Options
    Really?  All of this having to suddenly explain ourselves and put labels on what is and what isn't *AP* is because of what she said???  Her??  She is so seriously not worth all of this.  Seriously.
    my blog: mama quiere beso
    Joaquin's hospital and Isela's birth center med & intervention free "hypnobabies" birth stories
  • Options

Wow, what she said was pretty mean.

Good thing she means nothing to me or my feelings might be hurt.

• Options

Eh...maybe the delivery wasn't best, but she does have a point in a way. I know it's been covered ad nauseum, but what do cloth diapers and cloth wipes have to do w/ AP? I'd be annoyed if I got those for a gift. As for the nipple cream, I think it's presumptuous to give someone a gift that assumes they're BFing, AP or not, because some just can't and maybe don't want a gifted reminder of it. A sling is fine though.

As for the Dr. Sears book, I don't mind it and see value in a lot of what it says, but do see the other side of him being a bit preachy/judgey.

And now I'll skulk out of here, likely no longer welcome. Stick out tongue

*** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • Options

Schmoodle, don't skulk, I dig you.

That being said... I'm not planning on this basket for someone who I don't know. I know this woman, I've talked to her, I know that she will WANT all these things.
    I KNOW her, and I KNOW this will not be a basket of guilt. It will be a basket of things she will like, because I KNOW her.

And, I know the cloth diapers aren't AP, but they are something she has already told me that she wants to use. See, because I KNOW her.

• Options
    imageE_sharp:

Schmoodle, don't skulk, I dig you.

That being said... I'm not planning on this basket for someone who I don't know. I know this woman, I've talked to her, I know that she will WANT all these things.
    I KNOW her, and I KNOW this will not be a basket of guilt. It will be a basket of things she will like, because I KNOW her.

And, I know the cloth diapers aren't AP, but they are something she has already told me that she wants to use. See, because I KNOW her.

what, you don't hand out nipple cream to people you don't know??? Weirdo. 

Stick out tongue 

• Options

Yeah, we handed it out to TOT mommas last night:) 

The whole thing was stupid and to be mean and make fun of others at their expense.  Laugh with us, not at us, on this board, not on that one.  Geesh.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"