Multiples
Options

when did your swelling start?

I have noticed that I am gaining weight in my legs (ugh) as I gain weight with this pregnancy.  But the past few days, it seems my hands, legs, ankles and feet are swelling just a bit.  I am 23 weeks pregnant with twins and not sure if it's normal for that to start happening this early.  (I feel fine otherwise and am drinking lots of water and keeping my feet up.)

When did you start noticing swelling?

Thanks.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: when did your swelling start?

• Options
    Mine started at 28 weeks.
    IVF #3 = ID Twin Boys TTC #3, June 2011 FET #1 m/c 9 Weeks, October FET #2 BFN, December FET #3 BFN, March FET #4 c/p, June FET #5 BFN, July FET #6 embie didn't survive the thaw IVF#4 September 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Identical twin boys born at 30 weeks 2 days due to HELLP
  • Options

I didn't start swelling til 37 weeks. Ughh. My feet look like Fred Flinstone's by day's end!

*I do remember feeling some itching/swelling of my feet early on (like 21 wks) while still living in London. I really think it was due to my having to walk long distances everywhere around the city/ not being able to rest them.

FWIW, my friend who was PG w/ a singleton had "bread loaves" (feet) early on in her pg--we were teaching and on our feet all day-- but propping them up on her desk whenever poss. and drinking tons of fluid seemed to give some relief. 

GL and hope your swelling subsides soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started having some at 23 weeks. My legs and feet are getting pretty big. I just try to stay off as much as possible. 
  • Options
    I started getting some swelling in my feet this past week, but it's only when I sit in a particular chair.  My guess is that the way that I sit cuts off blood flow a little (?)...Like others said, as soon as I prop my feet up, the swelling goes down.
  • Options

Mine started at 18 weeks. I was at a formal ball with my DH and after about an hour, I was so uncomfortable in my feet. I looked down and saw these huge puffed up feet trying to bust out of my really cute strappy high heels. After that night I never wore anything by Crocs until after I delivered. We ended up leaving once DH gave his speech that night, which was about 2 hours before it was supposed to end, because I could not handle being on my feet anymore.

It will get worse as the day progresses. You will probably wake up and look normal and by the end of the day look like the Michilan Man (ok that is an exaggeration). Drink plenty of fluid throughout the day and try to keep your feet up during the day if you can and at night, after work, get your feet up as close to you heart or above as you can. I used to stack three throw pillows on my couch and put my feet up on them for at least 2 hours before bed.

I tried compression socks but didn't find they really helped all that much. The only thing that helped was elevating my feet in the air.

If you start to notice your face swelling at all call your OB right away because that could mean something else and is not normal pregnancy swelling.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mine started around 20 weeks. I haven't owrn my rings in a long time, and my legs are really taking the brunt of it. Now that I am on modified best rest my feet don't swell like they were at one point.
  • Options
    It isn't bad at all, but I definitely look a bit "puffier."  I think a lot of it has to do with my weight gain.  I am up 20 pounds or so, but people keep telling me how tiny I still look in my belly.  I think it's because I am gaining weight everywhere else, too.  Sad

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I didn't have much visible swelling until week 35 but I did develop carpal tunnel starting at week 26 which is from increased fluid...
  • Options

I didn't get any swelling with my twins until after I delivered.  Then OMG holy good night.

Now with my DD I started around 33 weeks - she was delivered around 38 because I had HIP and it was bad.

• Options

I started swelling alittle right away I couldn't wear my wedding bands anymore.  But my ankles & feet started showing swelling around 14-16 weeks or sooner, it's really bad now at 24 weeks. 

• Options

I started swelling at 27 wks.  I no longer could wear my wedding rings, I had to buy bigger shoes because my feet were so swollen.  My swelling just continued to get worse and worse.  Near the end my ankles looked like softballs and I could only wear this one pair of extremely stretched out flipflops. 

Good luck!  The good news is the swelling goes down pretty quickly after you deliver and then it's just a distant memory because you have these beautiful babies!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"