Pregnant after a Loss
Options

late 3rd tri ladies

Am I the only one hoping I don't go into labor before 40 weeks?  The thought of our little guy coming early scares me since I don't quite have everything ready and mentally I'm just not 100% prepared for labor. It is sort of something I have been blocking out.

I have had "after thanksgiving" in my head all along, so I cannot imagine going at 38 week or anything. Anyone else?

bfp #1 - 8/17/2008, natural m/c 8/25/2008, EDD 4/21/2009 bfp #2 - 10/6/2008, hb stopped at 7 w 3 d, d&e on 11/7/2008, EDD 6/19/2009 bfp #3- 3/14/2009.... stick, baby, stick!!!! (14 dpo - hcg 188, 16 dpo - hcg 421, 24 dpo - hcg 14,760!, 4/2 healthy HB of 130 bpm, 4/16 HB of 178 bpm!) bfp #4- 2/2/2011, EDD 10/17/2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker a bfing, cding, wah momma Congrats to my buddies Tiffanylaw06, Jeny M & burghbaby!

Re: late 3rd tri ladies

• Options

I feel the same way, but for different reasons.

#1 I'd really like to have a November baby (only 6 more hours to go) so my daughter Hannah has her own birthday month.

#2 I know what I'm in for and I'm not quite ready to be so sleep deprived:) 

• Options
    I felt that way until I hit about 38 weeks.  Then I found out how dialated I was and came to terms with the fact that I would be going early.  Of course then I didn't go early so it's just irritating Stick out tongue
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh I'm SO with you!  I do NOT want him coming early....not ready, plus the earlier they are hte more chance there will be a complication..  I want him to be completely cooked before he comes out! 

It is frustrating to me when people to act like everybody wants to go early...people tell me all the time that they are crossing their fingers I'll be a few weeks early.  His safety is way more important than my 3rd tri discomfort...and believe me, i'm already pretty d*mn uncomfortable!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just don't know, part of me yes, because I can't imagine going through labor or the fact that LO will actually be here. ?But then sometimes I just can't wait to me him! ?I really just hopes he comes in Nov....I guess I have had my heart set on a Nov baby...which would still be 40w....so yes 40 not 41!
  • Options

I definitely want my baby to be full term, but I go back and forth about whether I want her to come early (before  EDD) or not.  We are definitely not ready right now.  But my mom went late with both my brother and I and made it seem like it was soo unbearable.  Plus, I want to start labor on my own and not be induced.  So if I go past my due date I am worried a bit about induction. 

But, bottom line is I want both LO and me to be healthy when she comes. 

• Options
    I'm mentally ready for her to be here whenever she wants- however, I have SO much yet to do at work to get prepared for my maternity leave, that it would be a bit of a pain if she decided to make an early appearance. But, if she does, she does- not much I can do about it. I figure she's either coming on the 2nd (full moon!) or she'll wait till Thanksgiving day- my girl has a flair for the dramatic. lol
  • Options
    I am with you.  I do not want to go until Thanksgiving either.
  • Options
    On one hand, I cannot wait to meet him... but on the other hand I outlined my reasons above. I just have so much to do for work and getting the house ready. it is overwhelming!
    bfp #1 - 8/17/2008, natural m/c 8/25/2008, EDD 4/21/2009 bfp #2 - 10/6/2008, hb stopped at 7 w 3 d, d&e on 11/7/2008, EDD 6/19/2009 bfp #3- 3/14/2009.... stick, baby, stick!!!! (14 dpo - hcg 188, 16 dpo - hcg 421, 24 dpo - hcg 14,760!, 4/2 healthy HB of 130 bpm, 4/16 HB of 178 bpm!) bfp #4- 2/2/2011, EDD 10/17/2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker a bfing, cding, wah momma Congrats to my buddies Tiffanylaw06, Jeny M & burghbaby!
  • Options

People keep telling me that I'm going to go early, and the dr. says baby is measuring big (I have a growth u/s tomorrow to check on that), but in my mind I want to make it through Thanksgiving too.

Mainly because a) we're obviously not 100% ready yet - we're just having our showers this weekend - but b) I want to stay at work through the day before Thanksgiving just because I'm not quite ready to say goodbye! I'm supposed to work a week after Thanksgiving, but it wouldn't bother me if I went sometime over the holiday break and didn't come back for those 5 last days. But thinking about going even sooner than Thanksgiving stresses me out!

• Options
    After our last u/s and seeing how the baby is already 5lbs, and is going to be quite large... I think I am just fine w/ this LO coming a bit early. I do however want to make sure that LO's health comes first! But, after being 2wks late with ds, I think being "on-time" even would be nice lol. Guess we will know more after our appt on thursday!! I can hardly wait!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"