Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Quadruplets (Identical Triplets+1 Fraternal)

By IVF, over on the Multiples board.

I didn't even know the Bump tickers went above triplets! 

I would die. I am scared enough of twins next, let alone quadruplets (though we didn't do fertility treatment last time, who knows what could happen spontaneously...a few years ago I saw a 19 year old on the news who had a 2 year old son and a set of quadruplets, which were double identical twins! HORROR!) 

Re: Quadruplets (Identical Triplets+1 Fraternal)

• I would freak out. 

The Mathias Quads are spontaneous indentical Quads.  I think they are 8 or 9 years old now.  They won America's Funniest Home Videos years ago.  (It is circulating youtube and FB).

mathiasquads.org 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Wow!  I would freak!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • This type of thing is so off the wall.   I'm certain it could never happen to you or I.  Stick out tongue
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLittleApple:

I would freak out. 

The Mathias Quads are spontaneous indentical Quads.  I think they are 8 or 9 years old now.  They won America's Funniest Home Videos years ago.  (It is circulating youtube and FB).

mathiasquads.org 

I love them, they have been on Discovery Health (Supertwins). SO CUTE! 

• At least it was IVF, where that's always a greater possibility. There is someone on these boards who had a daughter under two and then spontaneous triplets. Even twins at this point is not something I want- I want two and only two total! I was SO relieved at my u/s the other day to just see the one.

• imageKeepingItLowKey:
    At least it was IVF, where that's always a greater possibility. There is someone on these boards who had a daughter under two and then spontaneous triplets. Even twins at this point is not something I want- I want two and only two total! I was SO relieved at my u/s the other day to just see the one.

She didn't mention if they had ICSI or not (sperm injected into the egg, which has a higher chance of ID twins), but I think an egg without it has the same chance of splitting into three as a spontaneously conceived one? Still...yowza. 

• imagePattypoundcake:

imageKeepingItLowKey:
    At least it was IVF, where that's always a greater possibility. There is someone on these boards who had a daughter under two and then spontaneous triplets. Even twins at this point is not something I want- I want two and only two total! I was SO relieved at my u/s the other day to just see the one.

She didn't mention if they had ICSI or not (sperm injected into the egg, which has a higher chance of ID twins), but I think an egg without it has the same chance of splitting into three as a spontaneously conceived one? Still...yowza.?

Hehe I know but at least with IVF they may be more PREPARED for the idea of multiples! Still, four is overwhelming to anyone!?

• imageKeepingItLowKey:
    imagePattypoundcake:

imageKeepingItLowKey:

She didn't mention if they had ICSI or not (sperm injected into the egg, which has a higher chance of ID twins), but I think an egg without it has the same chance of splitting into three as a spontaneously conceived one? Still...yowza. 

Hehe I know but at least with IVF they may be more PREPARED for the idea of multiples! Still, four is overwhelming to anyone! 

Yeah, both ICSI and AH (assisted hatching) can increase the chances, but not by that much.. Id trips are rare... wow! 

2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageskoorbnibor:
    imageKeepingItLowKey:
    imagePattypoundcake:

imageKeepingItLowKey:

They may be rare and a daunting challenge, but if you've seen PeaKay's trips, they also have the great potential to be freaking adorable. lol

Hehe I know but at least with IVF they may be more PREPARED for the idea of multiples! Still, four is overwhelming to anyone! 

Yeah, both ICSI and AH (assisted hatching) can increase the chances, but not by that much.. Id trips are rare... wow! 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • imageKeepingItLowKey:

Hey, are you talking about me behind my back?

• imageMandieSueM:

imageKeepingItLowKey:

Hey, are you talking about me behind my back?

yes! You! You scare the crap out of me! But your kids are mighty cute!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"