Infertility

my hands are on fire from cutting hot peppers :(

it's been hours and it won't go away!

i've googled how to get rid of it and it i've tried everything and it won't stop burning! i can't even tell you how many times i've washed my hands.

i ate the peppers and they didn't taste as hot as my hands are burning.

motherfuccker!!!

any suggestions

thanks for listening to me whine

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II

Re: my hands are on fire from cutting hot peppers :(

• The only thing I can think of is to take benadryl and soak your hands in a bowl of ice-cold milk.
  • Dairy products neutralize the capcaicin (sp?) in hot peppers.  If you have yogurt, use some as lotion on your hands and let it sit.  If not, pour some milk into the bottom of a baking dish, about 1/2" deep, and soak your hands.  It should take out most of the sting.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • dh says that beer or wine will help ;  )
  • imagem&m2006:
    dh says that beer or wine will help ;  )

Internally or externally? 

• imagem&m2006:

:)

i've tried milk, baking soda, lotion, vinegar, lemon - so why not grab a drink?

i'm a chronic eye rubber, i'm so nervous i'm going to rub my eyes and burn them

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • Try rubbing your hands with aluminum foil... sounds strange, but I've heard it can work...
  • imagetheworms:

imagem&m2006:

:)

i've tried milk, baking soda, lotion, vinegar, lemon - so why not grab a drink?

i'm a chronic eye rubber, i'm so nervous i'm going to rub my eyes and burn them

I stand by the benadryl (rather than alcohol).  It's possible you're having an allergic reaction, and it will probably reduce the inflammation, as would some advil. 

• imageMichelleL1118:
    Try rubbing your hands with aluminum foil... sounds strange, but I've heard it can work...
    I've heard this too. Or if you have a stainless sink, rub it on that, it's supposed to be a neutrilizer.
  • This happened to me after I cut up a jalapeno without gloves.  The oil got under my fingernails and it was torture.  I don't want to scare you but the buring lasted a good 3 days and nothing I did helped.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • OH NO! I did this once it was HORRIBLE and I TOUCHED MY FACE! I was using the really really hot small ones and it was so painful! I didn't take out the seeds either so dinner was inedible! I couldn't fix it with anything and it lasted 3 days! I hope you find a solution!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"