Success after IF

XP: SIL just had trick or treaters arrive riding...

ponies! They were dressed as knights riding LIVE ponies. I think this is insane! She lives in the burbs on a cul-de-sac. Over the top much???
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: XP: SIL just had trick or treaters arrive riding...

• Wow. You've got to be kidding me. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • They went all out didn't they.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have to admit, it's over the top, but I still think it must have been pretty darned adorable, and something I would have LOVED to do when I was a kidlet!
  • That's totally ridiculous.  Very over the top as you said.
    Ella- 8/22/08, Jules and Tuck- 12/15/10
  • I think it's sweet. If those kids love horses and knights, imagine how excited they must be to get to ride ponies on Halloween! Talk about a really memorable day for them.
  • I lived in the burbs but had 3 acres behind us as a teen. One year we went as the Headless Horseman and Icabod Crane. (I was the horseman)

I had the huge pumpkin on my head (papier mache) and rode my horse, Tony.

We banked in both candy and apples/carrots that year ;-)

(door opened, horse head staring at choo.... priceless !)

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • I don't know, sure the kiddos must have loved it and it must have garnered a lot of attention, but I am not sure I could ever allow this. I feel like it is just part of the "me, me, me", "I want it now" Veruca Salt culture...

Imagine being one of the other little kids in the neighborhood? What can possibly top that??

I don't know maybe I am totally overreacting...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Wow - awesome for the kids, but, uh, yea.  A bit much!

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • I was country bumpkin growing up on the farm, and almost all the kids in our area had horses. We used to ride to go trick or treating when we were teenagers, usually went as cowboys and um, well indians. It was that we were showing off with the horses, we were just to lazy to walk and it was faster.

• What happens if the horse craps in your lawn?  Do the riders have giant blue bags to pick it up like doggie poo bags?  And I imagine they could damage the lawn in general.

I'd be ticked!!!

• That's the craziest, nuttiest thing I have EVER heard!  How the hell do you top that next year?
  • imageKristin&Frank:

What happens if the horse craps in your lawn?  Do the riders have giant blue bags to pick it up like doggie poo bags?  And I imagine they could damage the lawn in general.

I'd be ticked!!!

didn't even think of this! lol!

• imagetalentedgirl:

I was country bumpkin growing up on the farm, and almost all the kids in our area had horses. We used to ride to go trick or treating when we were teenagers, usually went as cowboys and um, well indians. It was that we were showing off with the horses, we were just to lazy to walk and it was faster.

Yea, see I get this and Davez post too, but that is soooo far from life in our area. This came off as "my Super Sweet 16" type of keeping up with/outdoing the Jones'. 

• Oh my gosh! LOL! I LOVE THAT!!!! Hahahaha!!!

But yes! VERY over the top!

• That's way over the top but also, just think about how those kids will probably remember that for the rest of their lives. I think they must have been so excited!
  • My brother has a couple ponies so if his daughters decided to ride them as part of their Halloween costume it would be cool. If these parents paid for the use of these ponies (super sweet 16 style as you said) it might be a little over the top. I think it all depends on the circumstances. Definitely pretty unusual to see at your front door though. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"