North Carolina Babies
Options

Summer Handheld monitor users

We just started using this last night and although it seems to be fine downstairs away from Natalie's room, we get so much static when we use it upstairs in our bonus room which is across the hall from Natalie.  I'm wondering if it's all the electronics in our bonus room causing interference or if maybe we're too close to Natalie's room.  It's really annoying and makes it useless since we have to turn the volume down for our sanity to avoid the static.  Is this a common problem with this monitor?
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Summer Handheld monitor users

• Options
    We had problems w/ the standard Summer monitors, and had to go digital, and now we have no interference.  Could be your electronics - I'm not sure what made our original one have static.
  • Options
    I've noticed that I have more interference in some rooms than others.  I really notice a change in sound quality when I'm on the phone so I'm sure other electronics do affect them. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It could be your other electronics, or interference from a neighbor who has the same monitor (I notice this sometimes when I'm in the backyard with our monitor.)

Our biggest issue with it is when we use the cordless phone -- the sound part of the monitor becomes totally useless because of all the static.  So I either try not to talk on the phone when we're using it or use my mobile phone if I need to. Or I just turn on the video and turn down the sound if I have to use the cordless phone.

Catching up on sports news...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We've only ever had static when we were on our cordless phone, and then our monitor would go completely blank for those few minutes.  But we had to buy a new phone this summer for other reasons and the new one doesn't cause any interference, so now we never have that problem.  I'm sorry I can't be more help!  I love your pumpkin!!! :)
    Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"