Northern California Babies

Where did you have your baby registry?

So far I'm thinking BRU, because of their selection and prices. I'd like to give people a little variety, but don't know where else to register. Any suggestions?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Where did you have your baby registry?

• I did Babies r Us and a local cloth diaper store and found most people bought from Babies R Us anyway.
  • Target and BRU. Almost no one bought off our registry online so I wanted to give people an easy option for in store (Target) since not everyone lives close to a BRU.
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • If your family and friends are in the Sacramento area you could also register at Goores.
  • I did BRU and Target. (Target because there wasn't a BRU near my parents and out of town family).
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • for those of you that used target, did you have any problems with returning items?
  • None of my family and most of my friends live in other states (and countries) so we did the Alternative registry - which is an aggregator.

Here's their sample:

https://www.alternativegiftregistry.org/view_registry_public.php?registry_uid=23

• I did BRU and PBK. BRU for everything practical. PBK for a few cute things.

I skipped Target b/c I've had such a hard time with friends registries there (if buying in store). I shop target a lot but I don't like them for registries.

Congrats!

Life is a roller coaster, enjoy it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lighthouse State Beach, Santa Cruz.

• imageSarahCee:
    for those of you that used target, did you have any problems with returning items?

Only one $21 item w/o a receipt. I just went to another Target and returned it w/o a problem. At the time of my registry BRU had a MUCH better return policy so I registered for most stuff there, but my understanding is that they've since changed their return policy and it is now as sucky as Target's.

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • we did BRU

my sister who's due ANY DAY NOW ... registered at target, sears and amazon.com

my brother and his wife registered at target and wal*mart *shudder*

Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes the eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker - Author Unknown

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Babies r us (like you said, great selection and I think pretty good prices). I also did Pottery Barn Kids for the bedding, mobile and a little chair but I'd say 99% of the people have bought from BRU. None of my bedding has been purchased. I think BRU is more convenient and has better prices.
  • I have ours on Amazon and love it. They have everything in the world you could ever need and many more models and styles of things then BRU.

For instance...the Chicco travel system that we wanted (keyfit 30) BRU didnt carry. They have a similar "exclusive to BRU" one but it only holds a baby up to 22lbs and the one we wanted was up to 30lbs.

Amazon was also good because none of our family live around here so people were able to ship really easy. Ive had to return a few things and thats been simple too.

BRU has a lot of variety but for us they didnt have a few of the specific items which amazon did so rather then doing the registry at 2 places it was better to have it all on amazon an be able to do it all online (honestly, I super duper hate going onto BRU. Its always so crowded and frustrating)

• We did BRU for reasons mentioned and Goores...not in Sacto now but I grew up there and had a family shower there. Pretty much the entire Goores registry was fulfilled.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"