Parenting
Options

I think I am FAIL at OPKs

Ok, so I read the instructions.

But it seems like I have gotten a + 2 days [yesterday and today] in a row now, and it's kind of late in my cycle [CD 17].

Doesn't OPK + mean that you will ovulate in the next 24-36 hours?

Someone dumb it down for me, I swear I'm never going to get KTFU despite reading TCOYF, temping and all that.  And now, adding OPKs in the mix.

Perhaps some TMI, but I had EWCM Thursday/Friday.

I have no temps b/c Jackson broke my thermometer, so I guess he really doesn't want that baby sister with cute knees after all.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I think I am FAIL at OPKs

• Options

I even fail at the smiley face ones.

There is probably $500 worth of OPKs under my bathroom sink right now.  But because of how bad I suck at them, they may never get peed on.

Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. -Tennessee Williams

You take my ovaries, I take your yarns.
  • Options

I am glad I am not alone with being FAIL @ OPKs.

I think I fail at TTC in general.  I need to get KTFU on the pill again.

And I'm pretty sure I haven't had this much sex since college.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

*sigh*

I remember college sex.  That was fun.

Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. -Tennessee Williams

You take my ovaries, I take your yarns.
  • Options

imageAli&Luke:
    It's possible that you caught the very beginning of your LH surge (thus, the first +) and the end of the surge (thus, the second +). It does mean you'll ovulate within 24-36 hours, so I bet today or tomorrow is the day. Bummer on the thermometer though. That would really be the only way to verify.

Ugh, I know.  I meant to go pick up a new one, and then didn't get around to it.  I will before next cycle, though.

That makes sense on catching it on the beginning/end.  It was probably close to 24 hours apart.  

• Options
    imageflgirl79:
    imageeclaires:

I am glad I am not alone with being FAIL @ OPKs.

I think I fail at TTC in general.  I need to get KTFU on the pill again.

And I'm pretty sure I haven't had this much sex since college.

I am failing at TTC too and also got KU while on the pill.

When we first starting TTC #3, I joked that we would have a hard time because it was too easy with the first two. We are 9 cycles in and I am wondering if my joke is coming back to bite me in the you know what. lol

YES YES YES.

I jokingly said a few times it would take us awhile b/c of that, and MH was so cocky, like we'll get KTFU right away.  I blame him.

Although I'm wondering if I've been ovulating super late now, since this was the first month using OPKs and it appears it would be a late ovulation.  I started using them on CD10 and definitely didn't get positives until today/yesterday.

• Options

I think I am a lazy charter, too, b/c I figured paying close attention to my CM was enough.

Plus I am convinced temping hates me since in 3 cycles, I have had a broken thermometer, a stolen thermometer and a forgotten one [we traveled and I forgot it].

The weirdest thing is that I charted for almost a year before we started TTC, and used it to TTA and my cycles were ridiculously regular.  28 days, CD14 ovulation, without fail.  And now that we're trying, late O dates, longer cycles, etc.  It's annoying.

• Options
    You can get more than one day of + OPKs. Yes, generally, you O 24-36 hours after your + OPK, usually your LAST + OPK. CD 17 isn't that late. I didn't O until CD 19 my BFP cycle. How long are your cycles normally?
    Marcey
    Kaden William 11/4/06 and Dawson Michael 6/30/10
    Dawson's first birthday - at the zoo
  • Options

imageMarce921:
    You can get more than one day of + OPKs. Yes, generally, you O 24-36 hours after your + OPK, usually your LAST + OPK. CD 17 isn't that late. I didn't O until CD 19 my BFP cycle. How long are your cycles normally?

For a year they were only 28 days.  Our first cycle TTC, my cycle was 33 days long.  The second one was 31.  This is the 3rd.

I know CD17 isn't really late, it's just odd considering for a year all signs pointed to CD14 O dates.  I think I just need to forget about that, though, b/c it appears to not be the same at all anymore.

Thanks for the help!  Hopefully these OPKs will help me get knocked up.  :)

• Options
    Clear blue Easy OPK. Thats the only thing that I could figure out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"