Breastfeeding

How many oz at 1 week

DD is one week old today.  I have been EPing because she does not seem to want to stay on and suck quite yet.  How many ozs should I be pumping at each session?  I am pumping at least every 3 hours during the day, sometimes every 2.  And every 4 hours at night.  I seem to be getting about 2 ozs each time and maybe closer to 3 at night.  Should I see this amount step up soon? 

I am still working with her and hope to breast feed soon.  But if I end up EPing then I am at peace with that.  I am just paranoid that supply will be my next issue. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How many oz at 1 week

• My DD would eat about 1 oz per feeding at 1 week.  During her 2nd week, she increased to about 1.5 to 2 oz per feeding. 

There's no set amount they should be eating.  For me, I filled a bottle with 1 oz and then if she was still hungry I would add another half oz until she was satisfied.  For my extra BM, I stored it future feeding sessions.   

• At 1 week my LO would eat 2oz every 2 hours, and whenever I pumped after her feeding, I would only get 2oz out. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"