North Carolina Babies

In the spirit of Halloween...a poll!

As a kid...

What were your favorite Halloween candies to receive?  Least favorite?

How much candy did you used to score on Halloween?

How much did you used to eat Halloween night?

Did your parents inspect your 'treasure'?

What was your favorite costume?

And now...

How much candy did you buy to give out this year, and how much do you have left over?

Did you have nice TOT'ers this year?

Did you dress up this year?  If so, what were you?

Re: In the spirit of Halloween...a poll!

• As a kid...

What were your favorite Halloween candies to receive?  M&M's, Twix Least favorite? Pennies, SweetTarts

How much candy did you used to score on Halloween? The best year, 1.5 pillowcases full.  I ran from house to house for about 2 hours straight - dedicated to the cause

How much did you used to eat Halloween night? I'd snack through a ton - about as much as I could until I started feeling funny - haha!

Did your parents inspect your 'treasure'? Strangely, no. 

What was your favorite costume? I was Scarlett O'Hara one year, and had the prettiest dress and hairdo.

And now...

How much candy did you buy to give out this year, and how much do you have left over? We bought 9 bags, and have about 1/2 left.  This will NOT be good for my diet!

Did you have nice TOT'ers this year? Yeah, for the most part they were cute and had manners.  There were a few who trampled our lawn (and the parents didn't say anything).  One didn't like the candy we gave him.  But most said "ToT" and "Thank You" which was nice.  =)  I think next year, we'll buy all of the normal good candy, and one bag of stupid candy, and if the kid tramples our yard, is too old to ToT, or doesn't show manners, they'll get the junk candy - hehe!

Did you dress up this year?  If so, what were you? Nope, we were party poopers.  But I want to get masks or something simple to have for handing out candy next year.

• As a kid...What were your favorite Halloween candies to receive?? Least favorite? I loved Reese's Cups and Crunch bars and hated Squirrel Nut Zippers, Necco wafers and smartiesHow much candy did you used to score on Halloween? ?I could get enough to last through ThanksgivingHow much did you used to eat Halloween night? ?Maybe 2 piecesDid your parents inspect your 'treasure'? Yup, and they always took some for themselves :)What was your favorite costume? ?I never had good costumes, so witch?And now...How much candy did you buy to give out this year, and how much do you have left over? ?DH bought a 5 pound bag of goodies and we probably have 3-4 pounds left over.Did you have nice TOT'ers this year? ?Yes, they were polite and sweet, but we didn't have very many.Did you dress up this year?? If so, what were you? ?I did dress up, I was a flamingo
  • Loading the player...
  • As a kid...What were your favorite Halloween candies to receive?  Least favorite? Favorite - most chocolates, Least Fav - anything "sugary" because they all have corn syrup & I couldn't eat it b/c of my corn allergy (SMS & Evans - I feel some of your pain with your girls allergies!!)How much candy did you used to score on Halloween? A regular Halloween basket full (much of which I couldn't even eat)How much did you used to eat Halloween night? A few pieces, but not too many - I've never been big on candy.Did your parents inspect your 'treasure'? Yes, mainly to pick out everything I was allergic to.What was your favorite costume? I was a genie one year & had the BEST costume. It was awesome! And now...How much candy did you buy to give out this year, and how much do you have left over? None b/c we thought we weren't going to be home until late. Then the rain made our plans end a bit early.Did you have nice TOT'ers this year? n/aDid you dress up this year?  If so, what were you? No, but next year I would love to do a family costume theme (if DH will participate).
  • As a kid...

What were your favorite Halloween candies to receive?  anything chocolate Least favorite? pennies or raisins

How much candy did you used to score on Halloween? a decent bag full

How much did you used to eat Halloween night? not sure.. i'd sit on the living room floor w/ my brother and we'd divide our candy into categories (chocolate, gum, suckers, etc), then we'd trade! hehe..

Did your parents inspect your 'treasure'? not really, I don't think.

What was your favorite costume? one year I was "Cinderella in rags." I had this thrift store dress with patches sewn on it, a bandana on my head, an apron, and used a bucket to get my candy. it was cute :)

And now...

How much candy did you buy to give out this year, and how much do you have left over? I think we had about 7 bags.. we have probably about 2 bags left over

Did you have nice TOT'ers this year? for the most part, but some rags

Did you dress up this year?  If so, what were you? No, I was in my PJ's. hehe.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• IAs a kid...

What were your favorite Halloween candies to receive?  Least favorite?

I loved all the sugary candy...sweet and sour stuff and certain chocolate!!

How much candy did you used to score on Halloween?

prolly anywhere from 2 pumpkins full to 3/4 of a pillow case full (we used to go afterschool to a shopping center to trick or treat and then around the neighborhood that nite!

How much did you used to eat Halloween night?

depended on how old I was...I ate more as I got older.

Did your parents inspect your 'treasure'?

when I was younger then did but as I got older they would make us dump it on the table split it into 2 piles and check the candy...(we put half the candy in the freezer so it would last longer and after we finished the 1st bag we got the 2nd out of the freezer!!-sometimes the 2nd bag didnt come out till after xmas because of all the extra xmas treats--i def. plan to do the same with my kids!

What was your favorite costume?

I had a few costumes I really liked...I was a Skittle with 2 friends(each of us was a different color) and then one year I was a bunch of grapes!

And now...

How much candy did you buy to give out this year, and how much do you have left over?

we weren't home so we didnt had out candy...we took Jack to my parents and around their street and then took jack out with my stepson and his sister so we didnt get home till late!

Did you have nice TOT'ers this year?

n/a

Did you dress up this year?  If so, what were you?

nope, just had a jack o'lantern halloween shirt on.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"