1st Trimester
Options

my hand keep falling asleep at night!

I keep waking up every hour or 2 and my hands are both asleep (pins and  needles)! It is driving me crazy.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it carpal tunnel?What can I do to stop it?

Re: my hand keep falling asleep at night!

• Options
    I get this when I am pregnant.  I have no idea what causes it...low blood pressure maybe?  I don't sleep well anyway so when it does happen just adjusting my position often seems to help.
  • Options

Sorry to say but yes it is carpal tunnel! I had this with my first 2 and I already have it again! It gets worse too as the time goes on. I remember waking up in so much pain, my wrist would be clicking away, the good thing is is that MOST of the time it does go away once you have the baby! Try wrapping your wrist at night, that might help! Sorry I didnt have better news!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had surgery on both wrists 5 years ago for carpal tunnel. It helped 100%... until I got pregnant. Now I feel like I have arthritis or something. Try wrapping your wrists at night and don't sleep with your arms above your head. You can also try massaging the muscles on the bottom side of your wrist and the muscle from your wrist to your thumb.
  • Options
    Its pretty common with pregnancy. I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Options
    I have this problem too and hadn't even thought about that it started since I became pregnant.
  • Options
    I've been having this problem too, it's very annoying! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"