2nd Trimester

Strollers

Are the strollers with travel systems really that bulky. My DH has a Mazda Rx-8, which is a sports car (it does have 2 suicide doors) and I fear that a regular stroller wouldn't work.... thinking about the snap and go, but not convinced.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Strollers

• Travel systems are pretty bulky.  Would your DH be needing the travel system much.  Mine never used it once unless I was with him and then we take my car.  If you have a BRU or USA baby they will usually let you try it out in the parking lot and see what fits in your car before you purchase or register. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• All my friends w/ kids talked me into the Snap N Go.

Side note: Did you see that Graco also has a swing frame for about $50 or $60. You pop the SnugRide into it, too.  Nifty

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah, they're pretty big and bulky.  Even if I had a huge car I wouldn't buy one.
  • imagePeppermintPattie:

All my friends w/ kids talked me into the Snap N Go.

ditto

• My friend has a Prius and a giant Graco travel system, and it barely fits in the trunk. But moreso than transportation issues, the thing is just enormous to maneuver. We went to lunch when her baby was 3 weeks old, and I watched her try and set it up, get the infant seat out of the car w/little one, lock it in, and then push it and I felt like the entire thing was a huge ordeal. Not for me honestly!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have the Graco Literider Travel System and I don't find it bulky at all.  I drove a hatchback Accent and it fit in just fine with room for other stuff.  We have used it for 2 1/2 years now and we love it.  I wouldn't waste my money on a snap and go that you would use for 4 months and then would need to get a stroller.  Now that we are having our second we got the Graco Quattro Tour Duo (obviously more bulky than the single).
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I strongly recommend a Snap and Go for the first couple of months.  If you are worried about cost (if memory serves, they cost b/w $40-50), you can always get a used one off of Craigs List -- you can probably find one in pretty good shape that has only been used for a couple of months. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"