2nd Trimester

Question about recalls...

So we were given a used Excersaucer that my friend used for her daughter, so I looked online to see if it had been recalled. There was a recall done in February for some, but at walmart.com I just saw an identical one for sale! So i'm confused, do I need to look for a certain model number? And would that be anywhere on the Excersaucer ?

Re: Question about recalls...

• Call the company and ask them directly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes I would call as well.  It could just be those made with a certain date stamp or whatever and may not even apply to yours. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Go to the CPSC website and click on the link for "Recalls and Product Safety News."  (Here is a link to that specific page https://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prerel.html)  From that page, you can search for products by various categories, such as manfacturer, product type, etc.  Any CPSC recall notice will tell you exactly what products are affected (by date, etc.) and will tell you how to find out if the product you own is covered.  It will also give you a contact number for the company if you have questions.

Companies will often times fix the flaw that led to the recall, and it is not unusual to see the same, but fixed, product on the market later on.

From the page above, you can also sign up to get recall notices from the CPSC.  There is a children's products-only option.  I highly recommend signing up for that -- stuff is recalled pretty much every week (I do product recalls as part of my job, but would still stay on the list even if I didn't). 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"